Complaint Review: Gamache & Myers

1000 Camera Avenue, Suite A, St Louis, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 314-835-6600
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Gamache & Myers Unethical Collection Practices, Extremely RUDE! St Louis, Missouri

Received phone call from Gamache & Meyer approximately the week January 9, 2012, was told I had an outstanding debt with Capital One. I was unaware due to the fact  that I had not received any correspondence from Capital One or Gamache & Myers and still havent up to this day, January 31, 2012. I responded that Capital One has not sent me anything and that I didnt owe him anything, I would be paying Capital One.

He proceeded to start yelling at me telling me that I will be paying him and that I owe him. I told him if he was going to talk to me like that he is to never call my house again. I attempted on many different occasions to contact Capital One but was told each time that the CSR did not have access to my information and that I would have to call a different department which closes at 5 PM, Due to the fact I am at work during those hours I was unable to speak to anyone directly in that department to arrange payment.

January 31, 2012, papers  were served (left on my front porch, in the open). I contacted Capital One while I was at work and was finally able to speak to someone in that department was was told I was no longer able to make a payment to them. I contacted Gamache & Myers and was told the amount I owed them which is a lot more than I owed Capital One. I was given options for payment. I then ended the call and looked Gamache & Myers up on the internet and read about some similar complaints.

I contacted Gamache & Myers to attempt to obtain validation of the debt and something that showed where all the extra fees were coming from and I was told by an extremely rude employee that they didnt have to give me that info. I stated that in fact they do and the employee began to yell at me, he started shouting that they do not have to provide me with said information and that I would have to wait for court to ask for it. He then began shouting and asking if I was refusing to pay the debt, I replied I never said that I was just asking for proof of my debt. He proceeded yelling and asking that same question at least three more times. I responded again by saying I never said that. He then shouted into the phone  to never call this office again

To this day, I have NEVER received any mail correspondence from Gamache & Myers informing me of this debt. Went to court, yada,yada,yada I tried to make a payment over the phone and was aked 3x if I was represented by a lawyer or 3rd party and I answered no each time. He then asked if I wanted statements sent to my home and I answered yes. He then asked if the number I was calling from was a good number to contact me, I responded with no and that I would rather all correspondence be made via mail. He then said " you are making a payment over the phone but you dont want us calling this number" I responded with that was correct. He told me to send my payment by mail and then hug up on me. He refused my payment!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamache-Myers/St-Louis-Missouri-/Gamache-Myers-Unethical-Collection-Practices-Extremely-RUDE-St-Louis-Missouri-855051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamache & Myers