Complaint Review: Game Day, Gameday-usa.net, 53l854.info, Game Time

• Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
Game Day, Gameday-usa.net, 53l854.info, Game Time
www.gameday-usa.net Internet U.S.A.

Game Day, Gameday-usa.net, 53l854.info, Game Time Employment fee deception Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same Scam- Different Name - otsports.us.com, Overtime Sports

I was contacted by this company by email after they found my resume on an online job board (Monster, CareerBuilder, or Hotjobs), and asked if I would be interested in a full-time or part-time position as a sports director or sports supervisor. I responded with interest after checking out the website (gameday-usa.net) and was soon contacted via phone by a representative who asked general questions about my interest in sports and availability to work.

I was then given vague details about the job (promotions using fliers) and told there was a deposit that was around $20-25 per month for the first six months which was completely refundable after a six month commitment to the company. Soon after, I was contacted by a manager who offered me a position as a part-time sports director with a promotion to sports supervisor after a month of employment. At this point he informed me of the deposit for the promotional fliers and the cost of about $20-25 per month. I was given very few specific details about the tasks that the job would require and the compensation involved, and was informed a recorded phone conversation would occur to verify my commitment and payment.

At this point my instincts told me told me to be cautious, and I pursued with further questions about the payment process. It turns out the $20-25 monthly deposit for materials was my option to pay the minimum balance due on my credit card bill each month. I was never directly informed that I was actually going to be billed about $1920 for the full price of the promotional fliers, and the payment for this cost was to be handled at my own discretion.

After feeling deceived, I backed out of the opportunity before beginning the recorded part of the conversation, and was criticized for backing out on a commitment. Unfortunately I had already given my credit card information to the manager, but no charges seemed to have been made (although I still feel nervous with this company having my credit card information).

I would beware if offered employment with this company. They seem to operate under different names, and no contractual guarantee of a deposit refund seemed to be in place. Fortunately I backed out of the commitment before being charged, but others who went through with the process seemed to have gotten scammed.

Examples:

SitePage.aspx?site=70&id=f8f28945
-b02b-46f1-a1cb-7d8810908369&art=9002

0/336/RipOff0336446.htm

0/348/RipOff0348069.htm

It seems to be a dishonest opportunity as I have not seen any positive reviews of employment or any proof of money being earned by employees. All of my questions involving these issues were answered in a roundabout way, and it seemed as if I was being propositioned for a sale rather than being offered a job.

Anonymous
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 12:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Game-Day-Gameday-usanet-53l854info-Game-Time/internet/Game-Day-Gameday-usanet-53l854info-Game-Time-Employment-fee-deception-Internet-423221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Game Day, Gameday-usa.net, 53l854.info, Game Time

AUTHOR: Ferrer6 - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to update your report so that others will see that the same company operates under the name Overtime Sports: otsports.us.com. That, and the website gameday-usa.net have the same ip address and the websites are identical. We were robbed of $960.00!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC