Complaint Review: GameFly, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, September 18, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, September 18, 2010

• Reported By: jackie — hayward California United States of America
GameFly, Inc.
PO Box 5326 Culver City, California United States of America

GameFly, Inc. Sent the wrong game inside the right sleeve and after sending it back they claim they didn't receive it and took -$47.18 out of my checking account Culver City, California

GameFly shpped us the wrong game in a sleeve that had the right game title on it. After we reported it, they instructed us to use a black marker and cross off its bar code so that it wouldn't go back into circulation with the wrong game. We complied and they sent us the right one.

One week later I receive this notification from them:

Dear Jackie A,

We have not received the following game(s) and therefore your account has been charged for:

Mario Kart Wii(Wii)

If the game(s) are received at our facility within 30 days from your account cancellation in good working condition or within 30 days from the date you reported a problem with the game on your active GameFly account, we will credit your account the appropriate amount.

The GameFly Team

I checked my checking account online to find that $47.18 had been taken from my account unauthorized.

We most certainly did mail the game back as instructed. This is the second time after sending back a game, they have claimed they didn't receive it - yet I've dropped them off each time at the post office myself.

And there is a 10-day delay in receiving games in the mail which makes a monthly use fee only good for a portion of the month since they take so long. When we used Netflix to receive DVDs, it only took a few days so there is really no excuse for such bad service.

I won't be doing business with them anymore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2010 12:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GameFly-Inc/-Culver-City-California-90231-5326/GameFly-Inc-Sent-the-wrong-game-inside-the-right-sleeve-and-after-sending-it-back-they-641795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GameFly, Inc.