Complaint Review: GamePal Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, December 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By: Josh — Safford Arizona United States of America
GamePal Inc.
3209 Gresham Lake Rd # 146 Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

GamePal Inc. gamepal.com scammers, ripped off, stole my account and sold it, never paid me. Raleigh, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Forgive Me GamePal. I Am To Blame

*Consumer Comment: Some help

*Author of original report: ...

*General Comment: You're not the only one...

I registered with gamepal.com to sell my WoW account(2 level 80's, 1 level 69). I was offered 595 usd. I got an email to confirm my request, and asking for a reply back. I replied, and after that, I never got another reply.

I never got paid, never heard anything back. I've emailed them several times asking why it is taking so long, what is going on, and if I'll ever get paid. I've gone to their "live help" several times, but it never works.

A few days ago, a friend of mine in real life saw me playing online and asked me about it. I tried to log onto my account, and the password had been changed. Gamepal.com is the ONLY website I gave my information to. I have emails to prove it.

I emailed them after I found out my account had been stolen, with no reply. I've called many different numbers trying to get a hold of someone. All numbers ever listed have been disconnected. The only person I was able to talk to was a sales rep for the currency department and was of no help at all.

I would like to know what I can do about this, and if there is anything I can do to bring these fraudulent b*st*rds down. Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GamePal-Inc/Raleigh-North-Carolina-/GamePal-Inc-gamepalcom-scammers-ripped-off-stole-my-account-and-sold-it-never-paid-me-542715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GamePal Inc.

Forgive Me GamePal. I Am To Blame

AUTHOR: Josh - (USA)

I am updating this ripoffreport with the truth.

On November 2009, I attempted to sell my account to GamePal. After several attempts to communicate with them, I had assumed they had stolen it so I posted this ripoffreport.

A few months later, the same exact thing happened to me again. I was going to blame them again until Blizzard told me to scan my PC. After I scanned my PC, I found out I had multiple viruses/spyware on my PC. After I cleaned up my PC I spoke with Blizzard who told me that this is a well known virus that have been hacking into peoples accounts. The actual virus is from those e-mails where they ask for your account information. I didn't know at the time but I had clicked on the link.

So in summary here, GamePal is not at fault. In fact, when I started to browse my old e-mails, GamePal was trying to help me the entire time at resolving this issue. They were very cooperative, and tried hard to resolve my problems.

I feel guilty for posting this, and ask GamePal to forgive me for posting this original ripoffreport as everything I originally said is not true. They are a good company, and I may end up selling to them again in the future.

Some help

AUTHOR: Cleo - (U.S.A.)

First and foremost, what you did is against the WoW ToU. Whether you did sell it, or attempted to sell it. You are not allowed to let anyone have access to your account.

Now, you can get the account back. Call blizzard billing. Tell them your account was hacked. They will lock the account until you can prove its yours. At best you can get the account back. At least, your account will be banned for selling it/ account sharing. Either way, thats all you can do. Gamepal won't help you. What they are doing is technically illegal. They are buying and selling something that doesn't belong to them. They are scammers. Yes they might help a few people, but in the end they scam more than they do legitimate business.

And just to add, you are supporting an industry that supports hacking of peoples accounts, and hacking the game. As a person whose account was hacked, I hope you don't get your account back. What happened to you is karma.

AUTHOR: Josh - (United States of America)

It's illegal to sell your account, not to attempt to sell it. So, I gave them all my info, I never sold it, they STOLE it. Thanks for your reply.

#4 General Comment

You're not the only one...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

GamePal generates quite a few complaints from both buyers and sellers. Is there a way that you can recall your account as you have the original purchase details (address, credit card number, etc?)

I'm not sure what else you can do. You could try suing them but the act of selling your account is a violation of your contract with the software developer and that is bound to affect the judgment.