Complaint Review: GameStop. INC

• Reported By: Angry Customer — Tampa Florida United States of America
GameStop. INC
8502 Citrus Park DrSte 2898 Tampa, Florida United States of America

GameStop. INC Lee Bait and Switch and Very Poor Representation Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Maybe if you actually did some searching.

*Author of original report: This is exactly what I had expected.

*UPDATE Employee: Your Argument has No Merit

I had received an email from Gamestop. INC stating that as a Power Up Rewards card member that I could save $20 off of a 12 month Xbox Live subscription.  When I checked the price on Gamestop.com it stated that the regular price that Gamestop was selling it for was $39.99 so I caculated that the sale price of the item would be $19.99 after my $20 dollar savings.

Upon my arrival at the Gametsop Retail location I proceeded to inquire about the $20.00 savings.  The clerk told me the price was $59.99 and with $20.00 off the price would be $39.99 which is the price the corporate website stated was there normal price.

When I asked about the price difference listed online as opposed to their store the clerk scoffed rudely at me and treated me in an unprofessional manner.  The store was very empty at the time about 6:30PM.  I guess now I understand why.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GameStop-INC/Tampa-Florida-33625/GameStop-INC-Lee-Bait-and-Switch-and-Very-Poor-Representation-Tampa-Florida-824798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GameStop. INC

Maybe if you actually did some searching.

AUTHOR: sillyrob - (USA)

You would discover that it is $59.99 in stores. The $39.99 was an online only price. They didn't do anything wrong, you did.

This is exactly what I had expected.

AUTHOR: Angry Customer - (United States of America)

This is exactly the type of condencending reply I expected from the "Superior Intellect" working at Gamestop. INC.  Always pointing the finger at the customer and talking down.   I give Gamestop. INC a big F for customer service, integrity and honesty.

Nice try? What are you refering to? What are you suggesting? Please explain. And for your information, I did go out to the Gamestop.INC website directly outside of that email link and on other computers as well. Amazingly the price repeatedly displayed as $39.99 as the normal price Gamestop. INC was selling it for.

Here's the link: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-card/40944

I don't think that being a jerk to your customers fits in the spectrum of Gamestop. INC Mission Statement.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll have something stupid to reply suggesting my ignorance and your superiority complex.  How could I ever dare fathom I could topple the intellect of a $7.25/Hr. Gamestop Employee.

Your Argument has No Merit

AUTHOR: noprize - (United States of America)

I am not just an employee but I am also a Power Up Rewards member so I receive the same emaiils that you do, OP. Just to confirm my suspicions that your accusation is nonsense, I went to my inbox and opened that same ad you referred to in your post. As you said, the ad informed me that I could get $20 off the regular price for a 12-month xbox live gold card. It did not say what the price normally was or what it was with the discount but did invite me to click the banner for more info. I did. It then showed me that I could purchase the aforementioned item for $39.99. All this is the same experience you described, howevwr there is one more important detail you left out. Next to the $39.99 'buy now' price (which I would have already assumed was minus the $20 discount, but in fairness to you might possibly have been misinterpreted) was a picture of the item which has prominently displayed upon it the regular price of $59.99. But nice try though. Also, the ad does not claim that power up rewards members are getting an exclusive discount on that item. The ad is just trying to make sure that power up reward members know about the special price along with all the other great deals being offered at gamestop including some which may, in fact, be for members or pro members only.