• Report: #720522

• Reported By: 12789 — 12789 New York United States of America
GameStop
Middletown Mall Galeria Middletown, New York United States of America

GameStop GameStop ripping people off Middletown, New York

*Consumer Comment: Where is the rip off?

GameStop is foul.   I have maybe 3x dozen PS3 games.  I chose 10x I wanted to get rid of,   I call GameStop to get price quotes on each title.   10 out 10 games I read off to the employee over the phone got .25 cents each.   Let me spell that out ,, I was offered twenty five pennies for each of my PS3 games which were in "like new" condition, scratch free, w/ original case, cover art & manuals.   So basically I'm being offered $2.50 for 10x PS3 games.   If this isn't a rip-off I don't know what is.  & for the people who defend GameStop & their business practices are straight out losers who are not for the people, but against the people.    An empty PS3 game case w/ no cover art or anything, just an empty PS3 game case is worth more than .25cents.   Basically, GameStop says to me,  Give us your 10x games for free! (sucker).   & If I wanted to take my $2.50 out of store,  that number drops by 20%.   A blind man could see that this is a big rip.    So who's going to defend GameStop?  The people who wait on line 3 hours in advance for a midnight release & have a great fondness to the store they regularly shop at.    I hope GameStop goes out of business & spares the common gamer from being taken advantage of.
                            - Bob B

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2011 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GameStop/Middletown-New-York-/GameStop-GameStop-ripping-people-off-Middletown-New-York-720522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GameStop

Where is the rip off?

AUTHOR: kyrandia - (United States of America)

Where is the rip off?  Gamestop was up front with you about how much they are going to charge back.  Frankly I sell back a bunch of my old games all the time and have never sold my ps3 games to them for under $15.00.  So I really don't believe you that they offered you only $0.25 for each game.  There are a ton of other choices where you can sell your games (ie craigslist/ebay, etc).  Bottom line is stop being such a baby and don't sell them back to them.  Easy as that.