Complaint Review: GameTag

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2013

• Reported By: Gamer — Louisubrg North Carolina United States of America
GameTag

GameTag Submitted my account LAST MONTH ,Dec.. They said passwords were wrong yet they now have control of my FFXI Account and will not respond..nor pay me OR at least return my account!! Internet

*Author of original report: MY FAULT! Resolved and Paid.

I submitted my game account in December for payment. They never responded. Then, suddenly, they responded in January and said they were swamped. Fine. I understand. Then they said my passwords were incorrect. Wrong. I went to log in and they Have Already Taken Control of my account.  I told them. Over and over. No response. Then, suddenly from Gametag.com on Facebook, one of their guys asked for the security answer so he could proceed. Even tho I already gave it to them, I did so again. No response. Not even a courtesy response telling me they are working on it. No customer service. No payment...and they have possession of my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GameTag/internet/GameTag-Submitted-my-account-LAST-MONTH-Dec-They-said-passwords-were-wrong-yet-they-no-996815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GameTag

MY FAULT! Resolved and Paid.

AUTHOR: Gamer - (USA)

I should have given them more time here. Lots of problems but the fault is on my end as I gave them invalid information. It turned out that after providing them the security answer, they sent an e-mail to me which went to my junk mail telling me to remove the security token as well. I managed to get that taken care of. Now they were able to move forward and process my payment which was completed within about 9 hours after I removed the token. The entire process took a long time but it turned out to be due to multiple attempts they made to verify my information which was invalid. No fault on their end and next time I'll be prepared when selling.