Complaint Review: GameTag.com

• Updated: Sun, June 09, 2013

• Reported By: Wockeem — d Alabama
GameTag.com
Internet USA

GameTag.com Items stolen, gold gone ad accout now banned thanks to GameTag Internet

*Consumer Comment: You're the one who canceled the transaction despite them still wanting to pay you

Initiated an account sale with GameTag. The next day I checked my WoW armory pages and find items have been stripped. So I log into the BNET account to find character transfers have been initiated. They never intended to pay it would seem, just wanted the gold and items.

Shortly after the account was banned and now I have to go about getting it restored.

So yeah, watch out for these con artists. I sent them an email saying my characters have been stripped and I will be initiating a character restoration; got an IMMEDIATE response saying they'd still like to do business with me and that my account has not yet been checked.. hmm, who stole those items then given no one else had my details?

Yeah, I bet. Right after I get all my stuff back, I guess they'll respond.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 03:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GameTagcom/internet/GameTagcom-Items-stolen-gold-gone-ad-accout-now-banned-thanks-to-GameTag-Internetnbsp-1057657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GameTag.com

AUTHOR: Mark Bradford - ()

I had no issues getting payment from them for my WoW Account. They were backed up but I was patient. You can also post it for sale on their website if you don't want to wait.

When I was finalizing my sale with them, I brought up your case with them and they told me you reported this issue to them, they responded right away which you pointed out in your report, they provided you documentation on how to fix it, you reportedly were working on it, they offered to still pay you for the account as the assets meant very little to them and you declined and said you didn't want to sell anymore.

Not sure how they are at fault here. You're completely speculating that they did this to begin with and you're the one that came to them wanting to sell, and you're the one that backed away from the sale without losing anything as you did a restore on the account from what I was told.  Furthermore, they don't even ask for your password so how could they even have gained access! No different from me trying to sell a car to a dealer, wheels go missing, dealer still willing to pay full amount, you backoff and instead bash them.

Just seems fishy that you come on here posting this yet they were still willing to pay you the same amount despite the items missing. My honest belief here is you want them to replace the items, want free gold, and made up this entire story.