Complaint Review: Gamefly - TWX Magazine Subscriptions

• Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Gassaway West Virginia
Gamefly - TWX Magazine Subscriptions
www.gamefly.com Internet U.S.A.

Gamefly - TWX Magazine Subscriptions unauthorized charges to debit card when not a member Internet

my debit card was recently showed a charge for $39.95 for sports illustrated magazine which I did not authorize or order. I called the number on my statement and the magazine company(TWX-sports illustrated) told me that it was charged to my account by gamefly. I joined gamefly with a free month membership and they has a promotion for complimentary magazine which I did not take the offer or agree to it.

Two weeks later I canceled my subscription/account to gamefly which was over 2 months ago. Now all of a sudden on 2/28/09 my card was charged the $39.95 for the magazine again which I did not authorize. I would never have known that it was gamefly that fraudulently charged my card for these subscriptions had the company not told me. They also told me there was an order pending for entertainment weekly and I told them I did not order that either nor have I received any magazines either.The company TWX told me they would cancel my orders and since they did not received the transaction as of yet that I would be ok (which I'm hoping). so now I'm just waiting to see if what they told me is true if not I have to dispute it with my card company. I just wanted to let you all know that if you have gamefly please check your accounts and watch for any authorized charges on your debit/credit cards. I will most likely report this to the better business bureau as well since gamefly is supposedly a BBB credited site. I wanted everyone to know that if this happens to them they will know why and who did it to them.

Gassaway, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2009 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamefly-TWX-Magazine-Subscriptions/internet/Gamefly-TWX-Magazine-Subscriptions-unauthorized-charges-to-debit-card-when-not-a-member-429641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamefly - TWX Magazine Subscriptions