Complaint Review: Gamefly

• Reported By: Eloise — Louisville Kentucky
Gamefly
P.O. Box 149362 Austin, TX 78714 , Select State/Province USA

Gamefly is a RIPOFF. Overcharged Us and Lied. Austin, Texas

Our family used Gamefly for several years off and on.  My two sons would rent games reluctantly, because they would prefer to get them on the day they are released from stores such as Gamestop.  Also, Gamestop gives bonuses for preordering, etc.

Anyway, we used Gamefly because it seemed economically preferrable.  We decided to cancel our Gamefly account, and discovered that we had been paying for 3 rentals for more than a year.  I believe our bill was $31.75 per month.  I could only find 2 of the 3 games we had rented, so I mailed those back.  I was disgusted with myself for paying $10 rent for a year on a game that realistically had not been played for over a year.  So, that's $120 I paid to Gamefly for this one game!!  As much as I searched, I could NOT find that missing XBOX game.  So, my husband called them and they said that we would only owe approx. $8 to them for that game.  Now, that's on top of the $120 I had paid them.  To my dismay, I saw that they charged us over $40 for that missing flipping game.

I will Never do business with this company again, not ever.  Learn from my mistake.  I now need to contact my bank to see what card they used to just take my money as they wished so that I may cancel that card.  Ugh!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamefly/Select-StateProvince/Gamefly-is-a-RIPOFF-Overcharged-Us-and-Lied-Austin-Texas-1090939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamefly