Complaint Review: Gamefly

• Submitted: Sun, September 16, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: Wendy — McHenry Illinois United States of America
Gamefly

Gamefly Gamefly is a rip off and charges your card without your consent Internet

*UPDATE Employee: GameFly Support - Please Read

In August I signed up for a free trial. I was looking at a game and only put it in my que to look at further. I did NOT hit send or rent. All of a sudden 1 day after the fact I get an email stating your game has been shipped. The next day the postman delivers it to me. I refused the package, while the postman stood there I put on the package return to sender. NEVER AUTHORIZED SHIPMENT. It was handed right back to the Postman for it to be shipped back. Since Gamefly was shady I emailed to have my account cancelled, since there really is no direct contact to reach them. The phone number they provide is between 12-4 cst time and half the time when you call noone answers the phone.

In my email I advised Gamefly to cancel my membership, since you cannot do it thru their web site. Which is a joke. I explained that the game they shipped was not authorized by me. I did not hit the rent button or anything else, and all I did was put the game in my que and was debating if I wanted to rent it. I explained that I was not happy with how their operation worked. So 2 days later I finally get a response telling me not to close my account and they will give me a free month. I replied back saying "What part of CANCEL MY ACCOUNT did you not understand? I told them I wanted my account cancelled immediately and they are NOT AUTHORIZED to ever charge my card again, and if I saw any other charges I will report them for fraud". They again reponded about they would again like to offer me a free month. And my Account will be closed as of August, 30th 2012". I had advised them when I emailed them I wanted my account cancelled immediately not a day later. So by thier response you can see they do what ever they want and not listen to their unhappy customers.

Well they turned around and charged my card for $31.88. Which WAS NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME! They are trying to say that I never returned their game Brave. That game was given back to the postman on August 18th, 2012. And they claim a month later they never received it. That is a bold face lie. It took 2 days to show up when they shipped the game to me, you cannot tell me that it takes a month to return a game back to them. I am extremely pissed off about all this. Not only will I be contacting my bank for fraud and unauthorized charges, I will also file a complaint with The Better Business Bureau and the Illiois States Attorneys office for fraud!! I am also keeping a copy of this report for further proof to support my claims of fraud!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2012 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamefly/internet/Gamefly-Gamefly-is-a-rip-off-and-charges-your-card-without-your-consent-Internet-942153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamefly

GameFly Support - Please Read

AUTHOR: GameFly Support - (United States of America)

Hi

We apologize for your experience. In order for us to further assist you in resolving this matter, please send an email with your full message to:  facebook@gamefly.com

Please include the e-mail address linked to your GameFly account.

The GameFly Team