Complaint Review: Gamefly

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: Kaleb — Selah Washington United States of America
Gamefly
5870 W Jefferson Blvd. Ste J Los Angeles, CA 90189 Internet United States of America

Gamefly Unwilling to return purchased game, sent to them in error. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: GameFly Support

I had been a member of gamefly for several years, In good standing, and had been overall fairly happy, other than the length of time games take to receive.

That all changed fairly recently.  I had a month or two ago purchased a copy of Skyrim for Xbox 360. They shipped me the box for it and all other applicable items.

Then a week or two ago, when I had two games from them, Prototype and Tom Clancy's Future Soldier both for 360, I shipped them back in order to receive new games.

Unfortunately I had accidentally put in my copy of Skyrim in the sleeve for Future Soldier.  At this point gamefly "assumed" that I must have wanted to return to them the game that I had purchased, and still had the box and everything else for.  So they processed the game back into their system, and I recieved an email telling me I got a whole 5 dollar refund (because of the THIRTY FIVE DOLLAR restocking fee).

Why would they take the massive leap and assume that I would return my game that I purchased just 2 months before, without any of the boxes, and be satisfied with getting 1/6th or less than what I paid for it back?  Nevertheless, they did.

I sent a couple of emails to their support, and got back responses saying basically that the game was now theirs again, and if I wanted I could buy it again.  I called the company, and they said that they had sent out the game to other members, and could not ship me another copy.  They did then give me a full refund, which I will use to buy the game elsewhere if I want it again.

I still feel like they basically stole the game from me, and refused to give it back.  I am curious what happens if someone were to send a game that they bought elsewhere to gamefly on accident, would they keep that as well?

At this point even with the refund, I am considering legal action, as well as cancelling my account.

Very unhappy, I feel like I was stolen from by Gamefly.  It was my mistake to send it, the first time I've done that in over 4 years of being a customer, but the lack of any system to confirm if I meant to send the game back for a refund, and the simply processing of it without my consent, combined with the unwillingness to simply send me a replacement copy, makes me want to cry from the hilltops for people to stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamefly/internet/Gamefly-Unwilling-to-return-purchased-game-sent-to-them-in-error-Internet-952823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamefly

GameFly Support

AUTHOR: GameFly Support - (United States of America)

Hi,

We apologize for your experience. In order for us to further assist you in resolving this matter, please contact us anytime, 7 days a week, at facebook@gamefly.com

The GameFly Team