Complaint Review: Gamefly

• Reported By:college station Texas
Gamefly
gamefly.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Gamefly DOES NOT offer services advertised!!! Los Angeles California

I saw the commercials like Im sure many of you have on TV. I thought well this would be a great alternative to buying games! Oh how wrong I was. Should have asked around just a bit and I would have found out before I gave these charlatans my money.

They say you can rent the newest, hottest titles for x number of dollars a month but what they dont tell you is that they keep a rather low stock of all of those so you get stuck in a queue for them for MONTHS.

I did the free trial. Should have known then. Put games in my game queue for them to send to me and of course they didnt send the games I had at the top they sent me some games halfway down my list that I wasnt nearly so interested in.
I was still interested in the service so I went ahead and signed up for it. Made sure I had nothing but games I really wanted to play in my queue. Got a couple and one was broken. Sent them both back and notified them of the broken one. A week goes by and I get no games sent to me. So I complain in an email, they have no phone number listed on the site that I could find. Few days more and a couple automated emails later, I get an acutal response on how they only have so many and I have to wait. I put up an older game on my game queue just to see if they will actually send me games and they finally sent me ONE. I still only have one game from them and I signed up for two at a time.
Then I get another email saying that they never got the broken one back. Only after I complained again did they finally 'receive' it.
Nearly a month into the service and Ive gotten a total of 3 games from them, one that was busted. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have talked to that has used Gamefly has had EXACTLY the same problem with these guys.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Keith
college station, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamefly/nationwide/Gamefly-DOES-NOT-offer-services-advertised-Los-Angeles-California-468717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamefly