Complaint Review: Gamepal

• Reported By: Justin — Seymour Tennessee United States of America
Gamepal
Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Gamepal :One week and no word yet, the waiting game. Raleigh, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Employee Update: Customer Trying To Sell Stolen World of Warcraft Account

Rents due and a couple weeks ago I lost my job. So to prolong me getting evicted I planned to sell my mmo (wow) account to Gamepal a website offering to buy my *time* for 800.00 (the highest out of all the sites I looked at). Thinking 800.00 would be great I filled out all the necessary information and faxed my id to them as proof I was the original owner. But before clicking submit I did a little research and wanted to see if they were in fact a scam, so I looked up a couple complaints but figured a few complaints out of possibly thousands of entries wouldn't matter (no company is perfect), I saw a couple of people that claimed it worked and they hadn't had any problems at all. So I said why not try it I really need the money and submitted it.

Well after 2 days went by I sent an email to see what was up and only received the auto emails back. Well their site says it generally takes 1-72 hours and up to a week in unusual circumstances so I decided to wait. Then the third day arrives and now I'm constantly checking paypal and my email to see if I had gotten paid and/or gotten an email.

Well it's been another 4 and a half days and I still haven't received word I've sent multiple emails and tried to contact them via their "24 hours live support" yet have received no word in regards to the status of my account.I've had to take a title loan out on my car to pay the rent and now I have to pay interest.

Well had I known it was going to take so long I would have sold it elsewhere and I'm most certainly not going to be giving them my business anymore and I would advise any reading this do the same!

THEY WILL NOT PAY YOU, ONLY TOY WITH YOU WASTING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2010 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepal/Raleigh-North-Carolina-/Gamepal-One-week-and-no-word-yet-the-waiting-game-Raleigh-North-Carolina-614539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal

Employee Update: Customer Trying To Sell Stolen World of Warcraft Account

AUTHOR: GP Agent - (United States of America)

Dear Justin,

Based on your complaint, it appears your the same customer we spoke with and clearly stated that we would NOT purchase an account where:

• You stated you were the original owner, yet the full name on the account wasn't your name.

• When we asked information about why the names were different, you skipped over our questions and demanded payment.

• We then did a background check for $0.95 with Intellius and called the original owner who stated that he did not authorize this transaction and would be contacted World of Warcraft immediately to get his account back.
As a result, we will not purchase an account that is STOLEN and therefore that is the reason you weren't paid.

- GP