• Report: #419496

• Submitted: Tue, February 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 01, 2010

• Reported By:Richmond Heights Ohio
Gamepal
www.gamepal.com Richmond Heights, Ohio U.S.A.

Gamepal collection agency fraud Richmond Heights Ohio

*Author of original report: My Mistake, I Apologize GamePal

Yesterday I received a letter from Kross, Lieberman & Stone. To my surprise when I opened it, it said I owe $524.00 to gamepal. Interesting enough I never brought anything from them. However I sold two accounts back around 2 years ago to them. So I started to get to the bottom of this. First thing I did was google it to see if anyone else received such a thing. And not to my surprise they did.

So I sent a email to gamepal, showing past records and so forth. They didn't want to talk with me, but told me to contact the collection agency. So I did and they didn't want to talk with me and said gamepal was a genuine company who had real proof that I recalled a account. Proof? That a gamepal agent called plaync to ask why they lost control of the account. And plaync responds that I did it. This has to be the most idiotic thing I ever heard, by no means does a mmo company reveal vital information about consumers unless the person calling can prove thats their account. So yes, that is gamepals proof. They called and plaync said I recalled the account. This is ironic, because they are game account sellers first of all, second that a game seller who goes against the eula calls the company itself to tell they lost control of the account is another big red flag that shows their a fraud.

Thank goodness I could careless about a credit report or what not. I'm not paying for something I didn't do. Their proof is that the company told them? They better come up with more proofs than that, times, dates, ip addresses etc and I'll prove otherwise. Between their shady company and them whoring around accounts it makes it impossible to find out which prior owner recalled a account. I'm guessing gamepal is just placing the blame on the original owner since they aren't in the position to do anything about it. Or they could be like one person stated, playing a buyer, seller and recall account game and need the original owner help get the account back.

Either way, I'm not paying or helping them in their shady actions.

Neptunemystic
Richmond Heights, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2009 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepal/Richmond-Heights-Ohio-44143/Gamepal-collection-agency-fraud-Richmond-Heights-Ohio-419496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal

My Mistake, I Apologize GamePal

AUTHOR: Liebert12 - (USA)

Hello,

I just wanted to update you.

This is completely my fault, and I wanted to apologize to gamepal and everyone for posting this as the mistake is 100% on my end.

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the hard work gamepal.