• Report: #412034

• Updated: Fri, December 18, 2009

• Reported By:salem Oregon
Gamepal
gamepal.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Gamepal Gamepal.com rip off.They use collection agency to file false claims. Don't use them. Raleigh North Carolina

*General Comment: Do you have to pay

*Consumer Comment: Gamepal collection fraud ripoff

*Consumer Comment: I have had this happent to me but with Accountol.com

*Consumer Comment: Samething happened to me

*Consumer Comment: Same

*Consumer Comment: What you did anyways was illegal.

*Consumer Comment: What you did anyways was illegal.

I used gamepal.com and now I know they are a scam. I played on online MMORPG game. I had a character that I no longer wanted to use due to some changes in my life. I did a transaction with Gamepal.com and gave up my rights to the account. 4 months after the transaction had taken place, I was contacted by them, via e-mail stating that they had PROOF that I had taken the account back over. They stated calling the company to figure out why they could no longer access the account and said they were told by the company, MY name was on the account. First of all, the company that is in charge of the accounts, are not able to disclose personal information such as that. Secondly, I have had no dealings with Gamepal. com or the character in question for nearly a year.

I was contacted by a collection agency saying I now owed $770+ dollars on an account Gamepal.com gave $129.00 for. This is bogus and absurd and someone needs to stop these claims on innocent people. If the collection agency is legitimate, then if they do not require any sort of proof that the debt is valid, this will report on the person's credit report, when they have not done anything wrong, other than to do business with Gamepal.com

These are false accusations and I do not feel the need to assist them in any way. Upon reading the multiple fraud alerts out here for Gamepal.com, it is easy to see what they are doing. I feel that they are buying accounts, reselling them and then turning around and threatening the original seller with a collection if they do not call and try to have the password reset. By doing this, the original seller in some circumstances may be complying with Gamepal.com who can then, take over the account once again and resell the account, making bank off the same account multiple times.

Who should any of us contact that have had this situation arise? I have very thorough records of the transaction, emails, letters I have sent to the collection agency disputing the matter... pretty much any correspondence I have had with Gamepal.com or their collection agency. I would like to know what the other individuals that have this same situation going on, are doing to rebut this. I have also contacted Paypal and their associates informing them of this occurrence and that there are several other people that are falling victim to this fraud ring. Since they seem to be using the trust that people have in Paypal in order to accomplish their fraud.

These guys need to be shut down. www.gamepal.com is NOT to be trusted.

Unhappy
salem, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepal/nationwide/Gamepal-Gamepalcom-rip-offThey-use-collection-agency-to-file-false-claims-Dont-use-the-412034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal

#1 General Comment

Do you have to pay

AUTHOR: IMegalomania - (United States of America)

I just sold my account on their and was wondering if i got my money and then later got a fine saying i have to pay to gamepal do i have to pay it? And am i able to get the account back? (((Redacted))) just email me please

Gamepal collection fraud ripoff

AUTHOR: Neptunemystic - (U.S.A.)

The economy is in a bad state atm and I'm sure gamepal are desperate to make some money. Anyhow, I got the same mail yesterday stating that I owe gamepal $524.00. I contacted them via email and I was told to consult their collection agency, I spoke to a rep for around 2mins before she hung up on me and said she would hear me talk bad about their client because they are innocent. When I asked them what is the proof? She responded that gamepal contact plaync about why they lost control of the account and they stated I did it. That's the proof, no times, no dates no anything except he said this or that. By this standard of proof anyone can make a credit claim against someone.

Let me break this down logically.

1. Gamepal is a illegal account buyer and seller site. I say its illegal because you go against the company eula by selling/buying accounts and currency.

2. A illegal rep from gamepal calls a game company asking why they lost control of the account. And note, they offer no proof that they are the genuine owner.

3. Game company tells them private and classified information about who the person is and who done it.

Anyone, with common sense will know that this doesn't add up. Blizzard, Plaync or any mmo company does not disclose any information about a account unless you can prove you are indeed the original owner. Basically, if you don't have any information such as cdkeys or original credit card information. Then they give you no such information about a account.

Another thing that is comical is that they claimed to call plaync to get this information. If they would of really done this, providing no information of being the account holder then it would more than likely get banned quick because its obvious that they are account sellers.

What am I going to do about this? Nothing, I don't care. And whats interesting is, you can't talk to gamepal or their collection agency. They just bounce you back and forth in between. Its unprofessional, but no surprise since both companies probably are ran out the basement of their homes.

My suggestion is to file fraud against gamepal, write the BBB etc. There is more than enough evidence that stacks against them. If you google gamepal+fraud you get a ton of pages showing how shady their company is. Its best for a shady company such as them to be shutdown.

Sorry if I posted twice, but I wanted to flesh out my experiences.

I have had this happent to me but with Accountol.com

AUTHOR: Sindorn - (U.S.A.)

This was done by Buying an account. They let you play for couple days then then change the email and password back, and most likely resell.

Samething happened to me

AUTHOR: Neptunemystic - (U.S.A.)

Today I just received a collection claim, stating that I owe gamepal $564.00. I sold two characters to them around 2 years ago. After I never dealt with them again, at first I took the claim serious. Like perhaps it was something they done wrong on their end and needed help to solve. But after reading reports here of similar incidents I see now that its them trying to scam. Shameful company, they should be shutdown.

Same

AUTHOR: Maliceth - (U.S.A.)

I had the company contact me recently for an account that was aparently sold to them while my computer was hacked. I contacted the person who "purchased" my account from them and we had resolved this matter. Now I have some collections agency that I can find no information on, contacting me stating I owe them nearly $2000. How can they expect me to pay when I never sold them anything in the first place, and secondly World of Warcraft accounts belong to Blizzard Entertainment - not me. How can I sell what I don't own?

Has anyone actually been forced to pay these bogus charges?

What you did anyways was illegal.

AUTHOR: Cleo - (U.S.A.)

Most mmorpg's have a Terms of Use, or Terms of Service. Beens I don't know what game you where playing, I can't say what they are for sure.

Selling your account is illegal. When you hit accept on the ToU, you agree that you will keep possession of the account, binding it to you, and only you. Technically its not your account anyways. You are "renting" it so to speak. When you sold it to gamepal, you broke a legally binding agreement.

Now what you should do is, first dispute the charges. Tell the collections company what you wrote here. Tell them, that what gamepal is doing is illegal. If they still keep coming after you, report gamepal for fraud, and selling stolen merchandise, beens thats what it is. Also I would report the gamepal website to whatever company you have the account with. They can most of the time get the website taken down, but it might also ban the account anyways.

Also, was this your account to begin with, or did you buy/was given it? Not saying you did, but that might have something to do with it.

What you did anyways was illegal.

AUTHOR: Cleo - (U.S.A.)