Complaint Review: Gamepal.com Gamewar.com Accountgear.com

• Updated: Sun, March 20, 2011

• Reported By: Logan — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Gamepal.com Gamewar.com Accountgear.com
Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Gamepal.com Gamewar.com Accountgear.com Gametag.com is a SCAM! Raleigh, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: False Report: Wrong Company

Okay so about a year ago I decided to sell my World of Warcraft account. I was getting tired of the game. It was getting way to repetitive. So I did some searching around on the internet to see which website would pay the most. I'm not new to selling WoW accounts this was the 2nd time I have done this. My first account I sold to Accounts.net (very legit company never had any problems with them). I would have sold it to them the 2nd time around but I guess someone shut them down. But anyway..I did some searching around on the internet to see which site would pay me the most for my WoW account and I came across Gamepal.com. They offered my 400 dollars for my account. So I accepted. I filled out all their forms and received payment about a week and a half later. All went well.

So late last year I got a letter through the mail informing me that I was being sued. I was so confused as to what was going on. It said I owed the ammount of $550 dollars. It was Gamepal.com sue'ing me because I had apparently retrieved my account. It said I needed to pay the ammount before X date or they were taking me to court. This was complete B/S I did not retrieve my account. So I called their law office or w/e to talk to their lawyer or whoever it was. She told me that I needed to either pay the 550 dollars or give them back the account. I told them that I did not do this and I wasn't going to pay them. She told me well I'm the only one that has the information on the account and how I'm the only one that could have done this. They cannot prove anything in court. I am not going to pay them for something I did not do. So I guess I'll see what happens.

On another note I talked to one of my friends the other day and he informed me that he was trying to sell his World of Warcraft account to Gamepal.com. He said it had been a month already and he still has not received a payment. They used to pay people so my guess is now days they're just 100% straight up crooked. Stay away from these scam artists!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 02:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepalcom-Gamewarcom-Accountgearcom/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27601/Gamepalcom-Gamewarcom-Accountgearcom-Gametagcom-is-a-SCAM-Raleigh-North-Carolina-563390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal.com Gamewar.com Accountgear.com

False Report: Wrong Company

AUTHOR: CSR Agent - (USA)

Dear Logan,

We apologize for not getting back with you sooner on this issue.

I have reviewed your comment and it appears you have an issue with Gamepal which despite rumors we are not owned by them directly. These rumors got started when someone thought because we have "Game" in our company name that we are owned by another "Game" company.

However, I do know that another customer reported an issue like yours before and I told them like I will tell you that there is a link their website for you to resolve these issues in their FAQ.

While we wish we could help you with your complaint, there is nothing we can personally do ourselves as this is a gamepal related issue.

- CSR