Complaint Review: Gamepal.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2010

• Reported By:Lafayette Indiana
Gamepal.com
3209 Gresham Lake Rd Suite 146 Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Gamepal.com - Eric Smith - AJ Robey Stranded in the Philippines Raleigh North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Interesting

*Author of original report: I Lied. GamePal I Am Sorry. They Are Incident.

*Author of original report: Gamepal

Goldenoscar84
Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamepalcom/Raleigh-North-Carolina/Gamepalcom-Eric-Smith-AJ-Robey-Stranded-in-the-Philippines-Raleigh-North-Carolina-303313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamepal.com

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Interesting

AUTHOR: taxbreak - (United States of America)

I am the original author of this Gamepal thread. The post 'I Lied' was posted by someone who stole my login information. There is a very good chance this individual was a member of Gamepal's corporate head. Now, that account has been deleted, so I had to make a new one.

Anyway, this issue has long since been over. Gamepal screwed many people over and skirted the law and got away. Great, congratulations. Move on with your lives.

However, posing as an individual and stealing login credentials to any public or private site IS a crime that IS prosecutable. Furthermore, using stolen information to defame or slander an individual is also illegal. To the author of 'I Lied,' I have some information to pass along.

Lafayette Police Department: (765) 907-1200
Case Number: Z010-009199

Pending the long drawn out process of getting the IP address reports of where that post came from, I may or may not be seeing you in court. Either way, I, the original Goldenoscar84, have yet to see any of the court paperwork for which I was apparently found guilty. Oh, and thanks for posting my name. Now check the public records and come back and post the link that shows my name attached to that guilty charge you mentioned...

I Lied. GamePal I Am Sorry. They Are Incident.

AUTHOR: Goldenoscar84 - (USA)

I want to apologize for writing this ripoffreport. I have a court order to update this ripoffreport because I was found guilty for defaming and slandering this company.

I started to work at GamePal in 2006. The company treated me very well. I was offered a job promotion to go to the Philippines where they had opened a marketing office as well as expanded to service overseas markets.

GamePal treated me very well and I blew it. I had just stolen hundreds of MMO Accounts recently bought, and offered them to Blizzard in exchange for a job. GamePal found out, and they fired me.

I felt abandoned so I took my anger and posted this completely false ripoffreport.

Even after I stole from them, they offered to pay for my expenses to fly me back to Indiana but I instead blackmailed them and told them if they don't pay me $10,000.00 I was going make up lies about GamePal. GamePal cut off all communication, and so I thought fighting back would resolve the issue. I was wrong, and feel bad for making up lies so I decided to update this to let everyone know this is one of the safest companies on the market who truly care.

Again, everything I posted is completely false.

My name is Chris Clark, I live in Lafayette, Indiana, and again I apologize for what I did.

Gamepal

AUTHOR: Goldenoscar84 - (U.S.A.)

Gamepal.com advertises that they are solely based in the USA. This is untrue. As a former employee of the company, I was asked to help oversee customer service in their office in the Philippines. I agreed on the condition a contract be written up and some other normal oversea travel details be taken care of. After my arrival, I was never paid on time (sometimes up to a month late.) The Filipino employees were treated like dirt and after a miscalculation in profit margins, over half of them were simply fired illegally by the COO and CFO, Eric Smith. During my stay, I never received the promised contract, and when the CFO finally fled the country because the Filipino workers were filing a labor suit, I was left stranded. The company had been paying my rent as part of our deal, and they bounced two months on me without notice, which I was required to pay back. They refused to fly me home, and when I finally had the opportunity to return, I was almost thrown in Filipino prison. Why? Well, it turns out the CFO had kept me there on a tourist visa, even though I was told time and again that I was legal. So I had to pay back taxes to the PI government before I could fly home. The CEO, AJ Robey, promised to reimburse me, and I have never heard from any of them again. As a side note, all those major mmorpg service sites like ige.com, gamepal.com, gamerking.com, etc. are affiliated with each other. Gamepal's customer service was bought by IGE and remains in Manila.
Lafayette, Indiana