Complaint Review: Gamersfirst

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: Ralph — Dearborn Michigan
Gamersfirst
Internet USA

Gamersfirst Reloaded Games APB Reloaded: Ripped off for hundreds of dollars Internet

*Author of original report: An absolutely useless response.

*UPDATE Employee: response to ripoff report - account blocked for illegal in-game activities

I originally started playing APB Reloaded when it was originally released by Realtime Worlds. The game was purchased by Reloaded Games when it failed, and re-launched with a Micro-transaction based economy and has been quite successful since.

Since it's re-launch, I have put close to 1100 hours into the game developing 4 different characters, and have spent $325 on gameplay and content, only to be banned by an admin for supposed hacking. Now, I've never hacked on a game before in my life, nor have I started now. When I submitted a ticket to their support, I was informed by an automated e-mail that I had been banned for cheating, my account would not be re-enabled and any current and future tickets would be automatically closed.

When I submitted a ticket to Punkbuster (their anti-cheat system) for further details, I was told nothing more than I had learned from Gamersfirst. [continued below]....

..... Upon searching for the problem online, I had found a number of people reporting similar unjustified bans as well as false positive bans due to legitimate software simply being installed on your computer (such as anti-virus software, Teamspeak, etc). Now I have been ripped off for $325 and the time I've invested in the game for no reason at all. This is bad business, and terrible customer service.

After I received NO help from Gamersfirst or Evenbalance (the company which makes Punkbuster), I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and have seen NO response from Evenbalance. Upon further research, I have found BBB complaints from others regarding identical issues which have been met by Gamersfirst / Reloaded Games with absolute apathy, and complete neglect to assist the consumer. Basically, they have taken our money and punished us for it.

What I would like to see happen is that my account gets unbanned so I can resume playing this game. But what I would like to see more is that nobody else gets ripped off by this company the way I (and many others apparently) have been.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamersfirst/internet/Gamersfirst-Reloaded-Games-APB-Reloaded-Ripped-off-for-hundreds-of-dollars-Internet-1070549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamersfirst

An absolutely useless response.

AUTHOR: Ralph - ()

The so called "illegal in-game activities" which I have been accused of are absolutely and 100% false. After numerous requests for proof of any said activities, I was refused each time proof of any cheating which supposedly occurred. As the ban on my account occurred while switching between game districts, I can only figure that a moderator may have been playing at the same time, and banned me thinking that I may have been cheating. This is totally unacceptable behavior both on the part of the moderator, and the company's support for allowing this utter nonsense to occur. I am extremely displeased with your company at this point, and after spending hundreds of dollars on your product, I absolutely refuse to spend a penny more on any game your company has any part of in the future. You have successfully maddened and driven away an honest paying customer, and I hope you're quite pleased with yourself. If this behavior continues from your company, I would enjoy nothing else but to see your company go bankrupt because of it.

response to ripoff report - account blocked for illegal in-game activities

AUTHOR: GamersFirst Staff - ()

Dear Ralph, the account you are referring to in your report has been permanently terminated on 7/21/2013, due to our staff verifying that it was involved in illegal in-game activities. As our Terms of Use (www.gamersfirst.com/terms) and EULA state, this is an explicit violation and necessitates account closure. We apologize such action is necessary and understand your frustration on this matter but we do take all levels of cheating quite and had to make the regrettable decision to close an account. Thank you