• Report: #481994

• Updated: Sun, December 06, 2009

• Reported By: Wayne — City of Industry California USA
Gamestop store #4100 City of Industry Puente Hill Mall
1600 S Azusa Ave # 150 City of Industry, California United States of America

Gamestop store #4100 City of Industry Puente Hill Mall Ignoring customers, unpleasant hard selling on used games. hard sell used games ignore customers ,

*Consumer Comment: Game$top only sells "Used Games"

*General Comment: heh

*General Comment: Why you didn't get a sealed copy.

I would like to file a complain on your store #4100 in the Puente Hills Mall.  I was there at 1:45pm today wanting to buy a brand new copy of Gears of War 2 as a gift.  I was standing in front of the cash register while the two employees standing there were talking to each other (a short white male and a tall skinny black male).  I was not being acknowledge at all until close to a minute later when the shorter white male walked away.  So when the black employee finally turned to me I asked if he has a new copy of Gears of War 2.  At that point he started questioning me why I wanted a new one and since I didn't feel like explaining I just told him I wanted a new one that's all.  He started hard selling me on a used one and became intimidating.  I insisted and then he told me he didn't have a new one.  So I left the counter and went look for another game.  I selected a case from the shelf for Onechanbara for Xbox 360 which says "New" on it and took it to the same black employee at the counter again.  I was standing there for about 45 seconds while he was entering some kind of numbers into the register off the list he was holding, during that time he again didn't bother to acknowledge me.  Eventually he looked up and said "I'll be with you in just a moment" and looked down again to continue entering numbers into the register.  I was standing there for at least another minute or two until he finally finished the list on his hand and at that point I gave him the display case of Onechanbara.  He turned around and instead of giving me Onechanbara he pulled out a used game disc of Gears of War 2 and again started pushing to sell me that and at that point I started to get a little impatient and told him I do not want a used Gears of War 2 and told him just give me the Onechanbara.  He put the Gears of War 2 disc back and pulled out a game disc which he said is Onechanbara.  I told him I wanted a brand new SEALED copy of the game and he told me it's a new game and wanted to sell me that.  I was very upset for my whole experience at Gamestop as the employee lacked customer service skill and was pushy and unapologizing (when the store didn't have the games customer wanted).  I own more than 2700 shares of Gamestop stocks and as a share holder I'm disturbed to see how bad customers are being treated at my local store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamestop-store-4100-City-of-Industry-Puente-Hill-Mall/City-of-Industry-California-91748/Gamestop-store-4100-City-of-Industry-Puente-Hill-Mall-Ignoring-customers-unpleasant-hard-481994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamestop store #4100 City of Industry Puente Hill Mall

Game$top only sells "Used Games"

AUTHOR: DivineDragoonXD - (U.S.A.)

I respectfully disagree with your reasoning. None of the "new" opened games are new. The plastic seal is broken, the certificate of authenticity is broken, the disk was removed and more likely than not brought home by a G$ employee to play. Then the disk is returned to the stores and sold as "new". New is when I OPEN the plastic wrapping, break the certificate of authenticity and then it is ME to play the game, not a G$ employee.

I do gotta say though buying used is pretty economical, I always ask to look at the disk before I buy it.

#2 General Comment

heh

AUTHOR: Jright - (U.S.A.)

Gamestop employees have to meet a quota of either pre orders or used games sells...it is their job to push used games and pre orders on customers over new titles. The game you purchased (or tried to) Onechanabra, was new. They take the discs out of the cases and put them in envelopes so that they can put the cases out on the floor and not worry about thieves.  There is no scam/ripoff here.

#3 General Comment

Why you didn't get a sealed copy.

AUTHOR: rach01 - (USA)

So you are aware, thieves really go after these games. You've been shopping at wal-mart too much I think. The games are new but just gutted and kept behind the counter so in case someone comes and tries to steal the game case on the shelf, they are not getting away with the game.

Chances are, you wont find a sealed copy of a game anywhere other than wal-mart or target. I buy, sell and trade used games at another retailer, i have a ton of thieves who come in selling me what they've stolen from the local wal-mart and target, maybe those stores can afford thos losses, but stores like gamestop can not. Good luck.