- Report: #163516
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Gamestop
GamestopValley View Center Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
Gamestop disregards ethical sales of XBOX 360 ripoff Dallas Texas
*UPDATE Employee: Poor distribution isn't gamestop's fault
*Consumer Comment: Xbox 360 Explanation
*Consumer Comment: Gamestop disregards ethical sales of XBOX 360 ripoff Dallas Texas
*Consumer Suggestion: Simple Solution
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. In early July (Around the 15th), 2005 I entered the Gamestop located in the Valley View Mall in Dallas, Texas. I had previously been to other video game retailers who were refusing to take pre-orders for XBOX 360 but was informed that this location still was accepting pre-orders and I was told that I would be guarranteed a unit if i placed a down payment at that time.
I did so and placed a $50 dollar down payment in addition to a $5 dollar deposit on multiple games. I was informed that while I had not fully paid for the system, as long as I paid for the system in full, no problems would be experienced. I was told that "Gamestop will be distributing the XBOX 360 units according to demand and will have more than adequate units to fulfill demand on November 22nd (the launch date).
I left the store after speaking with an associate at length and having been assured that I would have no problems attaining a unit due to the fact that I had pre-ordered in adequate time.
2. Later the same day, I re-entered the same store to place a down payment on 3 more games and I very carefully worded my conversation with the associates on duty to ensure that I would be in fact recieving a unit on November 22nd.
3. On or about August 17, 2005 I re-entered the Gamestop Valley View location and spoke with an additional associate and paid off the remaining balances on my games and unit. Once again, I verified with the agent I spoke with that no problems would be experienced in obtaining my unit. He agreed and assisted me in the transaction.
3. On November 4, 2005 I recieved a call from someone who identified themselves as a manager with Gamestop. They informed me that I will not be receiving a unit until after November 22, in fact, there is no set date for when I will receive a unit. The manager conceded that the employees at his location had commonly been promising customers who pre-ordered the systems that they would be receiving units when they knew full well this was totally incorrect. Gamestop did not appear to be repentent nor did they offer soloutions to remedy the problem other than to assure me that I would receive an XBOX 360 at some point.
Gamestop has on multiple occasions lied to me and others and is not seeking to make things right with their customers despite making repeated claims of a fraudulent nature.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2005 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamestop/Dallas-Texas-75240/Gamestop-disregards-ethical-sales-of-XBOX-360-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-163516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.