Complaint Review: Gamestop

• Submitted: Thu, June 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 01, 2008

• Reported By:milwaukee Wisconsin
Gamestop
www.gamestop.com Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Gamestop Total ripoff Milwaukee Wisconsin

*Consumer Suggestion: Avoiding used game problems at Gamestop

First off I suggest NEVER EVER EVER going to Gamestop my first complaint I went to gamestop to trade in some gamecube games they bought 1 for $3 another for $7 right after I got my instore credit, (because they take away 10% if you ask for cash back) I saw the manager printing out stickers for the new selling price I couldnt believe it. $25 for the $3 game and $30 for the $7 game!!! My other complaint their games are "supposed" to be guarenteed to work I have bought two games there that have either froze up or have big scratches in them. Overall I would not suggest not tho support gamestop.

Ian
milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2008 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamestop/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53222/Gamestop-Total-ripoff-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-337576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamestop

AUTHOR: Cooper - (U.S.A.)

First thing, gamecube has been discontinued along with the games. This is the reason they cost so much because they aren't made anymore.

On to the trade thing:

Gamestop does offer less on trade ins than you would get if you sold on amazon or ebay, etc. However, at gamestop you don't wait. You can bring in 30 games (even used games bought there, same value) and get credit for them on the spot. That is the benefit of gamestop, instant gratification and we'll [99% of the time] take any game from the systems we sell. It's business, plain and simple.

Now I feel your pain, and certainly understand. Which is why I never trade anything in, I'm a collector. However if you want more money then you have to wait for it to [maybe] sell on ebay. It's your choice.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Avoiding used game problems at Gamestop

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

While I do not completely like the way this company does business (i.e., game buying practices and some of its selling practices), buying used games at Gamestop can be done without problems if you know what to do.

First, before you purchase any used game, ask the clerk to let you physically look at the game disk. If it's overly scratched or beaten up, don't buy it. Many stores have multiple copies of used games, so ask the clerk to find an unscratched disk. If they don't have any or are unwilling to help you, don't buy it and walk out. It is not recommended that you order used games off of the web as you can't see them before purchase.

Second, as of this writing, as long as you buy the game in the store, Gamestop has a full 7 day money-back return policy on all used games. If the game doesn't work when you get it home, take it back the next day and get your money back (or ask for a different copy).

Third, before purchasing any used games at Gamestop, always ask the clerk for the current return policy on used and new games. Gamestop is known for changing its return policy on a whim, so always ask and, if possible, get a copy in writing.

Finally, place your receipt into the used game case so that you have it with you if you need to return it for a refund.

Thanks.