Complaint Review: Gametag

Gametag

Gametag Ripped off almost $250 Internet

*Author of original report: Best Company on the Internet for LOTRO Accounts

*Author of original report: Resolved

I was looking to buy a Lord of the Rings Online (Lotro) account and I came across this website. Granted, I was a bit skeptical about buying an account from a site I hadn't heard of (just found via google). However, there was an account which I thought was good value, so I decided to make the purchase anyway. On their site they claim deliveries are made within 72 hours, most being done within the first 24 hours.

So I ordered an account costing $147.56 and received an order number (#147580) and waited. The following day I received an email asking for a photo ID since my order was over $50. I was happy to provide, thinking at the time it was a relatively fast reply. However, another day goes by and all I got was another email asking for a photo ID. I asked why were there two emails sent requesting a photo ID. Although I provided a second photo ID. They didn't give a full response but said it was confirmed and I should expect my account to be delivered. So I waited. I sent several emails and posted on their facebook page. Received no response.

After waiting close to 36 hours I received an email saying they could not contact the seller and provided me with a gift certificate. I wasn't happy because after almost 4 days (over their 72 hour delivery time) I had received nothing. However, I believed it wasn't fully their fault if the seller didn't get in contact. So, I chose another account and paid an extra $69.36 and got an order number (#147644). It has now been 6 full days (144 hours) and I have received not a word from them. Conveniently, their 'live 24 hour live help' is never in use. They have not responded to any of my 5+ emails. However, they did respond to my facebook post to my original order saying they were working on it, 4 days after they had already told me the account was not available!

All in all, this is a very very poor website with their live chat never working. Their communication staff are never present. And I have been robbed of my money. I would strongly advise nobody to use this site and any of their affiliate sites which can be identified by the identical website layout and the sale of identical accounts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gametag/internet/Gametag-Ripped-off-almost-250-Internet-934526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gametag

Best Company on the Internet for LOTRO Accounts

AUTHOR: Favir - (United Kingdom)

Final update here

Company is pretty flat out amazing once you get going with them. Going to buy my last and final account with them tomorrow. 4 accounts total.

Resolved

AUTHOR: Favir - (United Kingdom)

Okay, this has been resolved. Guess just had to wait a LONG long time..