- Report: #915095
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Gametag.com
Gametag.com gametag.com, Gametag, gametag Offered me money for an account and changed information without paying me. Internet
*Author of original report: Account Submission Completed - Ask For Kelly On Facebook
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Their system seemed easy enough - enter some details about your account, and we'll give you a quote. If you accept the quote, you'll usually be paid in 1 - 96 hours. (Awesome! I could use that money for something this weekend!)
July 12, 2012 - I go through their process and they offer me about $220 for my account (Great! More than I expected!). I hastily accept the offer and contemplate what to do with the money I'm about to receive.
July 16, 2012 - I receive an e-mail from them saying that after manual review, they're only able to offer me about $190 for my account (after all, their quote system is automated), and to reply to the message either accepting or rejecting the offer. I e-mail them back accepting it.
July 17, 2012 - I receive an 2 e-mails asking to confirm my payment address and contact information. I do so. After this, I attempt to log in to my account to say goodbye forever to some old friends in game, only to find that My account's information has already been changed!
I think to myself, "Okay, the one e-mail did say "Pending Payment" so maybe they already sent it." I hurry over to paypal.com, nothing. Some searching of gametag.com's knowledge base assures the customers that if they've elected to be paid through an instant medium such as PayPal or Moneybookers, that they will receive their payment at "exactly the time that the account information is changed" .
I think to myself "Clearly, this is a mistake or an oversight. Maybe payments are sent in batches in the mornings or evenings? I'll wait until tomorrow and check my Paypal account again. I don't want to be a pest."
July 18, 2012 - No payment. I'll send an email to the company and try the live chat. I also start googling Gametag.com's reputation - Atrocious. Live chat doesn't work (Imagine that). I send my e-mail and my live chat request, and forget about it for a day.
July 19, 2012 - Still no payment. NO email response as well.
July 20, 2012 - Surely I'll have payment today. They've had my account for 3 days. WRONG. I've still got no payment, as well as no response.
1. Gametag.com owes me almost $200, and has for all intensive purposes, until I receive it, STOLEN my account.
2. Their touted "customer support" is non existent. The live chat doesn't work, and after they have your account secured, they wont answer your e-mails.
3. Their "knowledge base" is filled with lies. It proudly states multiple false reasons why you can trust them, and it makes false claims such as "your information will be changed at exactly the time of payment" (3 days later I've got no money and they still have my account?), and that they "are in a binding contract to purchase your account" (Yeah right, I don't have a single dime from them)
Overall, I had high hopes for this company. I felt all too safe and actually almost GOOD about giving them the information they needed to steal my account.
AVOID GAMETAG.COM OR ANY OF THEIR SISTER SITES WITH THE SAME WEBSITE LAYOUT AND OR BUSINESS MODEL AT ALL COSTS. THEY WILL NOT DELIVER IN THE TIMES EXPECTED (OR AT ALL). THEY WILL TAKE YOUR ACCOUNT AND RUN. JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH MINE.
This is the first of many reports like this to be filed, one a day with different companies / websites, until I receive a payment.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gametagcom/internet/Gametagcom-gametagcom-Gametag-gametag-Offered-me-money-for-an-account-and-changed-info-915095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.