mail

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Pelamore — Melbourne Florida United States of America
Gametag.com

Gametag.com unreasonable wait times, Internet

*Author of original report: Long story short, COMPLETE MISCOMMUNICATION ON MY PART

*Author of original report: Update

Be prepared to wait A LONG TIME to sell your accounts. I used their site to try and sell my STO account (A2291181) and was pleased initially with how the website described the speed and efficiency. When your selling an account you've played for years there is often a reason, and speed counts.

3 Weeks later and I can't get them to respond to me. A few days after I submitted my account info I sent them a message about the delay, and they indicated they were experiencing "High Volume" and would update me soon. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Messages since have received no response.

My advice to potential customers:
"Don't Wait Forever". I've now wasted 3 weeks waiting for a sale that I doubt will ever happen. I should have cut my loses 2 weeks ago and found another buyer.

Out of frustration I began looking for a different buyer, and found one that offered $666.45 instead of $587.53! I guess now it's a race!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2012 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gametagcom/internet/Gametagcom-unreasonable-wait-times-Internet-970411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gametag.com

Long story short, COMPLETE MISCOMMUNICATION ON MY PART

AUTHOR: Pelamore - (USA)

Long story short, the issue was resolved and it was a COMPLETE miscommunication on my part. They had sent me a few e-mails directing me what I need to do and they couldn't move forward because they couldn't login. The emails shamefully went to my spam and once I realized these errors I was able to update them and get this submission processed. Lesson learned here is to not expect the worst and just keep communicating with them until resolved as the service actually tends to be quite good was things get going.

Update

AUTHOR: Pelamore - (United States of America)

Soon after filing this report some action was taken, sorta! I had the original Sale offer. One I did a week later to see if there was something wrong with the first. One I did on another site to see if I could get a faster/better deal.

Saturday (11/17/12) I started getting emails. The order from another site  was suddenly cancelled, appears to me they are actually the same people (I won't say which without proof).

The first and second orders suddenly said I had provided the wrong password (doubtful). I did enter 2 sale offers (both are wrong?) and it was a password I created specifically to use during the sale to protect other accounts and games.
I replied to those emails restating the username and password within minutes:
Gametag Email Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:08:18
My reply Email:Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 11:20:47

I waited the rest of Saturday, and all day Sunday....nothing. Late Sunday night I sent a message to their Facebook page, I got a canned "we are very busy" kinda message. I understand they are busy, I waited three weeks already. But, then to get put back in some neverending "we are very busy" queue because someone misread my password? Frustrating!

I was a Customer Service manager and escalations specialist for years. I have tons of respect for people that deal with the public, like an angry frustrated me :-) But waiting 3 weeks, given suspicious reasons to put the sale on hold, 2+ days more wait and still no serious response? And to boot we are days away from Thanksgiving....how will that effect their schedule, and mine?