Complaint Review: Gamewar.com

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Demonss — Manassas Virginia United States of America
Gamewar.com
gamewar.com Internet United States of America

Gamewar.com Purchased an account had "issues making it undeliverable" got a coupon to order another.. Did that, and the second account had the same issues.. Internet

*Author of original report: ATTENTION: DELIVERED: CLOSE REPORT

I purchased a Guildwars account from Gamewar.com and had some issues.
I never got the "automated" verification email I was supposed to get so I attempted to contact them.  It took roughly 4 days for them to contact me back asking if anyone had gotten in touch with me, to which I responded no, and then got  no response back.

FINALLY about a week after ordering and what had to be 10+ emails on my part trying to get information, I got this email:
Hello,
We sincerely apologize for the wait time. There is a problem with the account you bought and it is taking a long time for our delivery team to fix it.
For faster service, we will give you a gift certificate to re-order any account you would like from our website that is currently for sale.
We will also give you extra credit of $4.00 for FREE to your original payment of $64.00

$70  Exchange for Order Number 147794
GIFT CERTIFICATE:          ###############

You will need to check out with 1 cent, use either moneybookers or direct credit/debit card for the 1 cent verification process. Please email us back your new order number and I will update your new order so you won't go through verification again.
Thank you.

Regards,
Rachel W.Customer Support - Team LeaderAccounts Department

SO I went ahead and gave gamewar.com the benefit of the doubt and ordered a second account:
          Thank you for your purchase with gamewar.com. This is a confirmation email with your order information.

Your order was APPROVED, and is currently processing.

Your order information:

Purchased Item: Item Name(s): 20 Human Elementalist on Guild Wars (Guild Wars), ############### - $70  Exchange for Order Number 147794
                        OrderID: 147913
                        SaleID : 104382
                        Paid using GameWar Merchant Processing

You're all set. Please remain patient while a sales or technical support agent contacts you by email.

Thank you again for choosing GameWar for your MMO needs!
                        www.gamewar.com

Things looked like they were turning around as I got a response from gamewar.com 1 day after placing that order.

A few days later I'm checking online and the account is listed as "Delivered" but I haven't received anything..
So I start sending emails and it takes a few days to respond.
I got a message yesterday said:
Hello,
We will also give you extra credit of $7.00 for FREE to your original gift code value of $73.00

$80  Exchange for Order Number 147913
GIFT CERTIFICATE:          ################

Thank you.

Regards,
Rachel W.Customer Support - Team LeaderAccounts Department

Here we go again!!
I asked to cancel the orders and give me my cash back but of course.. have heard nothing.
Save yourself some trouble and don't buy from these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 05:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gamewarcom/internet/Gamewarcom-Purchased-an-account-had-issues-making-it-undeliverable-got-a-coupon-to-ord-943336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gamewar.com

ATTENTION: DELIVERED: CLOSE REPORT

AUTHOR: Demonss - (USA)

How do I close this report?

The original account I ordered was provided to me at no charge as they  were able to resolve the issue which was reportedly an issue with providing the character names associated with the account. I ended up getting my money back and a free account after I spoke with Jennifer who is a shift manager on Facebook.

Since they did such a good job with this order and fixed my issues, I later went and purchased a Guild Wars 2 Account and had no issues.

I now wish to revoke what I said and will buy from them possibly in the future.