Complaint Review: Gangsters Grille

Gangsters Grille
302 Main St. Hudson, Indiana United States of America

Gangsters Grille NEVER GOT PAID! Hudson, Indiana

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Gangsters Grille - Great Place to work and eat

I worked at this restaurant as a server, but they had me doing the work of three people - waitress, prep cook and dishwasher. They paid us the bare minimum for a server - $2.13. The place was dirty, the people were snotty, and when it came down to it they never paid me. I went in there with my sister - thank God I had a witness - to get my pay and the daughters of the owners kicked us out, told me I'd "NEVER" get paid, and threatened to beat us up if we ever came back! I called the police and they would not get involved. I contacted the NLRB and have yet to hear from them. My advice to anyone reading this - DON'T GO TO GANGSTERS GRILLE and sure as hell never work there! Thanks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gangsters-Grille/Hudson-Indiana-46747/Gangsters-Grille-NEVER-GOT-PAID-Hudson-Indiana-1044455. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gangsters Grille

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Gangsters Grille - Great Place to work and eat

AUTHOR: Gangsters Grille - ()

Gangsters Grille is a very clean restaurant that has always gotten a great report from the health department with no violations in its three years of business. These records are readily available through the Stueben County Health Department of Indiana or posted here on site.

We have several long term employees that have been here even before we took over ownership and still remain today. As in most restaurants the majority of a servers income comes from friendly prompt service via tips. Yes $2.13 is the average base wage in this rural area for most servers at most area restaurants. Servers are required to do some basic duties of dishwashing, bussing of tables, and minor prep work that involves no cooking like restocking dressings and salad bar items.

The owners were not present went the employee showed up for her pay and no one has the ability to get anyones pay for them but the owners. The employee became enraged as witnessed by three employees as well as customers and started calling out obsenities and at no time was ever threatened by anyone. She then went outside and got her sister and came back in and started calling names and trying to escalate the situation. When they were told to leave the employee used both hands and slammed the door damaging the door casing and knocking the entry bell off of its mount.

The employee did call the police and they did come by and get involved and when they heard the other side of the story and saw the damage done they offered to press charges against her for damages and we declined and told them no we'll just move on. Her pay still remains in an envelope waitng for her but she has never come back to pick it up. It should be used to cover the damages done but was only for a very few hours and doesn't even cover that.