Susan

• Updated: Wed, August 19, 2009

• Reported By: john — Westminster Colorado USA
Garage Door Service Company
999 18th Street Suite 3000 Denver, Colorado United States of America

Garage Door Service Company GDS, America's Choice Taken for over 2X the cost of other competitors Westminster, Colorado

This past weekend my garage door broke, 08/16/09. I tried to get a response from several companies late Sunday - no answer. Monday morning I looked up online -overhead door repair companies in the Denver area. Like a similar report (#212798) from this service, the first company to pop up was Garage Door Service Company.

I spoke with Anthony and he set up an appointment for Monday evening. They never showed, I called late that evening and rescheduled for Tuesday AM. I was just happy to get someone there to do the work.

They showed up the next morning and explained what had to be fixed (torsion spring). The cost involved seemed high, but I needed a working garage door. Later, my wife indicated my laziness for not getting several quotes. MY FAULT.

$519 and a feeling of getting ripped off, I called other overhead door repair companies. They gave me quotes of $199 to $249. What a fool I am.

I called Chris the GM at GDS, he assured me that the products and services costs where correct - after all many of the other companies in the Denver area are going to fold because of the poor economy and who else would provide a life time warranty on these deluxe springs. What a song and dance. BUT I am stuck - should have done more phone calling on my end.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garage-Door-Service-Company/Denver-Colorado-80202/Garage-Door-Service-Company-GDS-Americas-Choice-Taken-for-over-2X-the-cost-of-other-comp-482516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garage Door Service Company