Complaint Review: Gardener's Collection

• Updated: Tue, August 12, 2014

• Reported By: MtnCritter — Bailey Colorado
Gardener's Collection
Internet USA

Gardener's Collection Received Dead Plants: still fighting with them over my refund internet

I ordered almost $100 in vegetable plants and requested they be shipped a couple of weeks early because I live in the mountains with a very short growing period. Since I have a greenhouse, this would allow me to start my garden early. At hte time, I was told they would note my order so it would ship early. Not only did the company not ship my plants early, they were two weeks late in shipping them out. I was supposed to have received them in May, but didn't get them until mid-June. And they were all dead! I contacted the company and was told they would reship them right away and I should have them within 5 business days. 2 weeks later the replacement plants had not arrived - I recontacted the company (over 2 hours on hold before anybody picked up) and was told it was a 5 day processing time and a 10 day shipping time. I told them, "No wonder the plants arrive dead if it takes 10 days for delivery." So I waited....and the plants arrived after 2 1/2 weeks - Dead Again! At this point I contacted the company again to request a refund. When I finally got to speak to a person  (another 1 1/2 hours on hold) - I explained I had purchased the plants orginally with a gift card that had now expired. I was told it was no problem and they would issue a check. This was the 3rd week of June. At that time, I was told that checks had already been issued for June and they would issue them in mid-July for my refund.

So, July came - no check, called the company again a week and a half ago about my refund. Was told that they had refunded the gift card (which I no longer had and it was expired). I explained, again, that I didn't have the card and it was expired, company was to issue a check for my refund. They said they would research it and call me back the next week. Never heard back from them, so I called them today. Was told they had refunded my $$ on the gift card and that I would have to contact the gift card company to get my money back. I explained, again, the issues with the gift card and Jeannete at Gardener's Collection was one of the rudest, non-listening people I have ever encountered in customer service! Again - I was told it would be my responsibility to contact the gift card company for a new card to get access to my refund. VERY UNHELPFUL!!!

I think this company is totally a rip off! It is ridiculous how much time I had to spend on hold. The people were really rude - not listening, cutting me off when I'm trying to explain what the problem is. I have even had them hang up on me. I am normally not a person who gets upset over things like this, but this company really got me angry! - they are unwilling to back up what their employees have said and are just plain not a good company to do business with.

IF I ever get my refund money - we'll see what the gift card company says - I will never do business with this company again - and I would suggest nobody else does either!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gardeners-Collection/internet/Gardeners-Collection-Received-Dead-Plants-still-fighting-with-them-over-my-refund-inter-1169226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gardener's Collection