Complaint Review: Gardner-Gibson

• Reported By: Marv — Sedona Arizona
Gardner-Gibson
4161 E. 7th Avenue Tampa, Florida USA

Gardner-Gibson Peeling roof paint Tampa Florida

I purchased roof paint guaranteed for 15 years. Six months after I applied it the paint was peeling. I filled out a form Gardner-Gibson sent to me and sent it to them on April 22, 2013 and finally received a letter on May 22 saying "The instructions on the pail clearly state: Surface and air temperature must be a minimum of 65F and rising." The instructions I read on the buckets say "Surface and air temperature must be minimum of 60F and rising." I interpret these words to mean that when beginning application the minimum temperature must be 60F and rising. Gibson-Gardner wrote me say they interpret this to mean that the night time temperature for the next 24-48 hours must be 60F and rising which does not make any sense. They use this interpretation to say that I did not follow their directions. I believe that their paint is defective and that is what caused the peeling. They offered me a free 5 gallons of their paint to repair the damage and I refused. I believe they should compensate me for the entire $1400 I spent on their paint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gardner-Gibson/Tampa-Florida-33605/Gardner-Gibson-Peeling-roof-paint-Tampa-Florida-1055359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gardner-Gibson