Complaint Review: Garland Power & Light

• Reported By: Miss Brown — Garland Texas
Garland Power & Light
217 N 5th St, Garland, TX 75040 , Select State/Province USA

Garland Power & Light High Electric Bills Garland Texas

I have stayed in Amberly Village Townhomes for about six months and have extremely high electricity bills, within the six months I have spent a total of 3,318.55 for water, electric, trash and sewer.

My average water bill is $35.00 monthly; I have only had one low electric bill since I have been living in this complex. The apartments cannot do anything about the rates of Garland Power and Light.

After speaking with management they have told me that they receive several complaints regarding their properties electrical bills. I have an eight month old son and I am expected to keep my home heated at 68 degrees in the winter in order to receive what Garland Power & Light believes to be a normal rated bill.

They will not allow you to speak to any mangers or supervisors. They feel that it is your duty to pay these expensive bills on time and if you continually accrue late fees, then they want an additional deposit. [continued below]....

..... If you pay something on your bill and it is not paid they want to immediately cut your services off.

I’ve stayed in Mission Spring Creek in Garland and on average my bill was about $200.00 monthly. I do not have this kind of money and I am paying more than residents who have houses in the area. The city will not let you use anyone outside of their utility company. If that’s the case you’d think they would care more about the citizens who live within their city limits.

I cannot afford to break my lease and therefore I am stuck to pay this until the end of my lease.

I feel that this company rip’s us off; you’d think they would care enough to provide us with better kilowatts on average per usage. I am an outraged customer.

Someone needs to review this because this company is putting me in financial ruin. When I moved in they told me my average bill would be $270.00 with the highest being $438.00. I figured since my previous bills were on average at my old residence $200.00 then a $70.00 difference would be okay. My current electric bill is $808.00 for a two story townhome with only 1,157 square feet. That’s ridiculous.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garland-Power-Light/Select-StateProvince/Garland-Power-amp-Light-High-Electric-Bills-Garland-Texas-1121735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garland Power & Light