Complaint Review: Garland Tx Code Enforcement

• Submitted: Mon, August 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 06, 2011

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Garland Tx Code Enforcement
914 SOUTH GARLAND AVENUE, Garland, Texas U.S.A.

Garland Tx Code Enforcement Code enforcement is a joke and lazy Garland Texas

*General Comment: City of Garland Texas

Reading all these reports on City of Garland TX, I agree. They allow certain people to not follow the City Charter or Codes. In my hood, they always got us for some petty tree limb. They cut them and sent us a ticket. They did not send the letter telling us to trim them. It is a racial thing for our area. If you are white they hit you, if you speak spainish they drive by your trashed out home.

We recently sold and it took a long while due to the unkept houses on the block. One house has been vacant three years and you can imagine what it looks like and they never get written up. Oue 66 Mustang had to be covered while in the drive and it is restored, while next door, they had a junked, non running old car that was allowed to sit uncovered. One house has a 12 inch tree limb across the roof, broken off and they get no letter or fine. Our limb was one foot over fence line and we get another letter. Waiting on return call that will never come in from the inspector telling him we sold and got out of that city.

Carports are not allowed, but a spanish speaking family put one up and it got to stay after many calls to code enforcement. That was an eyesore out our front door.

I understand fully all the reports on the City of Garland TX. Don't even get me started on the Animal Control. A dog in our area ran free for 6 years, because they were not smart enough to catch him. I told the head of AC, you mean a dog is smarter than you and your team. He did not like it. The dog finally died.

Perry
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2008 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garland-Tx-Code-Enforcement/Garland-Texas-75040/Garland-Tx-Code-Enforcement-Code-enforcement-is-a-joke-and-lazy-Garland-Texas-363968. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garland Tx Code Enforcement

#1 General Comment

City of Garland Texas

AUTHOR: Donald R. Gallew - (United States of America)

I find it difficult to believe City of Garland Code Compliance is not under investigation of some kind. There seems to be a pattern with Code Compliance as I read this gentalman's report. Tree limbs,tall grass. My son owns a vintage mustang. He's never been told to cover it. They sent me an invoice for trimming weeds in the alley along my fence. I'm retired and disabled so I was home alot. I also had two Pit Bulls in the back yard (chain link fence) who would go nuts if someone were back there. I to am caucasion. My neighbors on eiter side of me were hispanic and African American. We got along well. Because of my chain link fence, I got popped alot. I set an appointment and spoke to the compliance officer. I told of the trash heap in one of my neighbors yards. An old beat up truck and trailer loaded with old lumber. I was told,"I can see in your yard. I can't see his." The officer was African American. My neighbor was Hispanic. I say was because I moved to Pennsylvania on October 4th 2010. Currently I've received a citation and demand for payment of a fine. I just this mourning wrote a request for leiniancy and dismissal of citation. The offense is dated March 11, 2011 along with a citation number. Code Compliance sent a Final Notice on March 22, 2011. I spoke to a Garland Municipal Court Clerk in April and explained I was not a resident of Garland as of five months befor these charges were even written. I could write a book on this company. Things changed for caucasians in that city and someone needs to investgate possible corruption within city departments.