Complaint Review: Garner Transportation Group

• Updated: Sun, August 23, 2009

• Reported By: rapanchaksr — Elyria Ohio USA
Garner Transportation Group
9192 County Road 313 Findlay, Ohio United States of America

Garner Transportation Group Engaged in unfair company policy toward over the road drivers. Elyria, Ohio

The Garner Transportation Group terminated my employment on 7/28/2009.  They engaged in unfairly applying workplace policies in enforcing the driver's logging rules.

Fifteen minute errors and a misunderstanding of split logging rules led to a suspension and to a termination of my employment.  On the other hand, drivers can easily and do falsify logs because the company does not verify possible log violations through their Qualcomm system that tracks where a driver is throughout the day.

I was terminated shortly after my suspension when I turned the tractor/trailer too sharply and in turn bending the "bat wings" of the tractor and causing $575.00 worth of damages.  I subsequently made an offer to continue working there and pay for the damages that I had caused.

The company's safety director engaged in blackmailing me when he offered a voluntary quit to me and stating that he would therefore not report information on my DAC report.  The company's safety director stated that if I chose termination, the information would be reported to my DAC report.  I was subsequently accused of making him look like a bad guy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2009 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garner-Transportation-Group/Findlay-Ohio-45839/Garner-Transportation-Group-Engaged-in-unfair-company-policy-toward-over-the-road-drivers-484175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garner Transportation Group