Complaint Review: Garnet Hill Rehab & Skilled Nursing

• Reported By: Mrs.W — Wylie Texas
Garnet Hill Rehab & Skilled Nursing
McCreary Road, Wylie TX Wylie, Texas USA

Garnet Hill Rehab & Skilled Nursing Scam for Medicare Wylie Texas

When my husband was atmitted to Garnet Hill after surgery, he just needed a time period for physical theraphy but after being there for 3 days, he developed a bleeding ulcer due to some medication given to him at the hospital. That being the weekend and no Doctor was available at Garnet Hill, the nurse did not know what to do and couldn't get her instructions how to proceed. I took it upon myself to call 911 and had my husband tranported to the EMR for further treatment. He was in the hospital for another week and was given a blood transfusion. After a week and going back to Garnet Hill for Rehab, I was able to meet the assigned Doctor in my husband's case. Requesting a prognoses and time frame from him in my husband's situation, I was given a drawn diagram indicating point a..b. to c  for his recovery. No professional explanation and I had the feeling the the doctor was not even aware who my husband was. First minus on my list

Second minus on my list....when we had a consulting meeting with the Social Worker, Kitchen Manager, PT Supervisor and an other person ( not quite know her responsiblity), it became very clear to me that the quick Rehab for my husband was not nearly important than the lenght of time that Medicare would pay for it.  When I had made it known that my husband would not spend his time at Garnet Hill for the 100 Days that Madecare would pay for and that I would pick him up in two weeks, a sliding treatment for his recovery was immediately made known. Attetude and nursing care was put on a sliding scale as well.

Three years ago mu husband was at Garnet Hill for Rehab and the service was great, liked it so well that we asked for the same facility again. I do not know what happened since than, can not say I would do it again.

Mrs. W

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Garnet-Hill-Rehab-Skilled-Nursing/Wylie-Texas-75098/Garnet-Hill-Rehab-Skilled-Nursing-Scam-for-Medicare-Wylie-Texas-1064838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Garnet Hill Rehab & Skilled Nursing