- Report: #1027780
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Gary Swart
Gary SwartInternet United States of America
Gary Swart Gary Swart ODesk ODesk contractors are using computer bots to run up large bills, but ODesk ignores it to boost their sales Internet
We are located in San Francisco and found out about ODesk.com which is nearby. We needed a function created and I hired a contractor by the name of Louie Santiano. He billed at $16.67 an hour which was fair and at first his work was great. However, after a year, he stopped responding to emails, but was showing a high level of work output through the ODesk Desktop App which monitors their work output. It turns out that the contractor disappeared, but was having a computer bot type in "0", "backspace", "0", "backspace" etc, to keep the work output high so he could keep billing.
I understand that Odesk is not responsible for work output, for obvious reasons.
However, my concerns with Odesk are:
1) My Odesk dashboard said he was doing a decent work output (based off the green bar). If you click on the per minute outline, he was doing a few keyboard clicks every few minutes, with no mouse movements. The Odesk dashboard should have not been telling me he was doing a high level of output.
2) He clearly had a bot as we discovered in screenshots. He was building us a bot to do similar things, so he has the knowledge. Also, you can recognize patterns with the amount of keyboard clicks if you analyze it. The ODesk App should pick up on bots like this. Why were we paying a hefty 10% then??
After research, it turns out that contractors have this program and share it with eachother so they can bill for hours they are not working. ODesk needs to fix this problem. It is incredibly easy to detect a bot like this being utilized. I am only a decent programmer and I could create ODesk software that could detect a bot.
I talked to Ashley O'Dell, who is the supervisor of the complaint department. She agreed that it was ridiculous that ODesk doesn't have a detection for these automated bots, and that Odesk should't be telling me he had a high level of work output when he hadn't moved his computer mouse in weeks and was only typing in "0, backspace, 0 backspace". She said she would reach out to the upper management so we could get our money back and so they could fix this problem. It turns out, upper management and Gary Swart have no interest in fixing this situation. Obviously, it is because if they admit this problem is rampant with their contractors, then they would lose their nice 10% commission on lots of contracts.
Now, I have to take ODesk and Gary Swart to court to get our $21,000+ back. Gary Swart owns a scam of a company. Use Elance instead, it is much better.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2013 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gary-Swart/internet/Gary-Swart-Gary-Swart-ODesk-ODesk-contractors-are-using-computer-bots-to-run-up-large-bill-1027780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.