Complaint Review: Gate 1 Travel

• Reported By:Corona California
Gate 1 Travel
gate1travel.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Gate 1 Travel Hidden costs and double talk Philedelphia Pennsylvania internet

Gate1travel sends 'deals' through the email, and although they appear great, when it comes down to getting your invoice, you find that the price doesn't include airfair, which the advertisement on their site lists as all inclusive. You can select tours and other add-ons for which they give you a price, but being surprised after you laid out a deposit, finding that the airfare to get to your destination is being charged, is a dupe. I made the mistake of adding on extra days to the end of the booking and had Gate1 book tickets to another island for those additonal days. I tried to cancel that additional flight the same day, and they finally told me it would be no problem. On the adjusted invoice there was a penalty added for flight cancellation (which I expected),
but the adjustment to the total was the added penalty, no credit for the additional flight which was cancelled. Every time I call them, it's one story after another, a bunch of double talk, and I get no satisfaction. I end up more confused than I started out, and each time it costs me more. It's been going on three weeks (today is 4-09-08) and my itinerary still hasn't been issued. The booking is for May 19th, time is getting short and I'm still no where.

Cjdwife
Corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2008 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gate-1-Travel/nationwide/Gate-1-Travel-Hidden-costs-and-double-talk-Philedelphia-Pennsylvania-internet-324828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gate 1 Travel