Complaint Review: Gateequipment.com

• Updated: Fri, February 07, 2014

• Reported By: Patrick — Monterey California
Gateequipment.com
17526 Hwy 12, Sonoma CA 95476 Boyes Hot Springs, California USA

Gateequipment.com Gatedepot.com Martrano Enterprises LLC Shipped wrong item, refused to refund, first cited company policy, then stated, "I just don't want to do it" Boyes Hot Springs California

*General Comment: Let me guess...

Ordered twice from this company, spent well over $1000.00.  Two boxes, one box contained wrong and mismatched items.  Called and spoke with Tracy within a few days of receiving wrong items.  She offered to send a ticke to return items. I told her I would try to make what she sent work and get back to her.

Items unable to work for application I have.  Called, spoke to Josh, the General Manager, he refused to refund less than $100.00 if I returned wrong items. I even offer to pay for the shipping.   I asked to speak to the owner of the company, Josh said "He doesn't work here, he pays me to make decisions".

When I pointed out how much I spent and how Josh was being unreasonable, he got indignant with me.

Items did not even match the invoice in the box.   This company screwed up from the start.  I tried to work with their screw up. When I could not. They refused to be honorable at all.

Josh said he was unable to refund to my credit card after 60 or 90 days.  This is either an outright lie or Josh does not know what he is talking about. So, I conclude Josh is a liar or incompetent.  I am in the credit card business, I know what I am talking about.

I suggest you find some other outfit to buy any and all gate equipment from.  Don't deal with liars or dishonorable people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateequipmentcom/Boyes-Hot-Springs-California-95416/Gateequipmentcom-Gatedepotcom-Martrano-Enterprises-LLC-Shipped-wrong-item-refused-to-1121762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateequipment.com

#1 General Comment

Let me guess...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Let me guess you did recieve the wrong order and called but decided to try and see if you could make it work. But Im guessing you couldnt get it to work but didnt call them until after their internal policy return window had passed. Meaning that when they told you they couldnt do WHAT you wanted, you proceeded to inform them of HOW much money YOU have spent and that they should disreguard policy and give you your way. So basically asking them to endanger their job to do you a favor. Im sorry to say this but thats the state of our nation. Companies will NO LONGER be flexable. They have been scammed and stolen from by the very same people that call themselves their customers. So its no longer "the customer is always right", now its "The customer is always trying to scam". We have no one to blame BUT ourselves. Im sure that even in your own time on our little mudball you have done things to businesses that would be considerd theft or scamming. No one is perfect and that includes businesses. But they have lost so much money due to their own customers scamming them to get their way that they no longer give a damn. There are now so many consumers out there especially using the web to make purchases that they no longer care for the individual customer.

Frontier