Complaint Review: Gates Roofing Empire

• Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: Amanda — Jacksonville Florida United States of America
Gates Roofing Empire
10942 US 1 Ponte Vedra, Florida United States of America

Gates Roofing Empire Gates Roofing and Construction Shifty, liars, unlicensed Ponte Vedra , Florida

*Consumer Comment: how they murdered my family

My husband and I hired Matthew Gates to do our roof back in 2006 after a tree fell on our roof during a tropical storm.
We were desperate to get our roof fixed, and failed to do the research before hiring Mr. Gates, and ended up getting the shaft.

We paid Mr. Gates somewhere in the range of $8,000 for a new roof and a warranty, and after he took the cash, he ran and it was hard to track him down.
We started to have problems w/ our roof and tried calling Mr. Gates and after about 2 years of trying, we finally got a hold of him and he sent one of "his guys" out to fix it.
But the bigger problem still exists...we have a big hole in our ceiling from where water leaked into our dining room during Tropical Storm Fay.

We also have HUGE water stains all over the ceiling and the wall in our bedroom from water leaking in during the same storm and subsequent storms.
We have called Mr. Gates MANY times only to have him dodge our calls for the most part, but when he actually answered, he would PROMISE to have "one of his guys" come out to fix it on xx day and at X:XX time but only to have him not show up.
Never minding the fact that mold is growing on the stains and a pediatrician has said that it can cause health problems to not only my husband and me, but to out twin baby boys.

We would call him to find out where the hell "his guy" was and he would say the same crap every time, "I do apologize, and I can completely understand where you are coming from, but we ran into some problems with our other job and weren't able to make it.  Again, I DO apologize....I will have my BEST guy out there tomorrow at ___pm and if you have any more problems, just give me a call."
We have been nothing but nice and patient w/ this "man" but all he has done is give us the run around.

I would STRONGLY advise against hiring this man to do ANYTHING to your house b/c he's a ripoff and EVERYTHING that comes out of his mouth is B.S.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2010 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gates-Roofing-Empire/Ponte-Vedra-Florida-32082/Gates-Roofing-Empire-Gates-Roofing-and-Construction-Shifty-liars-unlicensed-Ponte-Vedra-570999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gates Roofing Empire

how they murdered my family

AUTHOR: kathy - (United States of America)

Hello,

my cousin gerald mitchell who was employed by your company murdered my father edwin r mcarthur and his own father gerald mitchell over cigerettes. where did you bury them gerald in florida. you have tortured my kids and grandkids for so long now you are turned in to social security by me. you spent his military pay for 3 years that you kept him in the hospital and you are not even proven to be his real son by the time I tell the story of how your mother whored around when he was fighting the war in the other countries. now let me tell you the military gives these men shots so they dont have a sex drive. true statement.... so you now know you dont have brothers in other countries.

who murdered joan crawford? your family...............fried her brain cells...............illegally put her in prision took her name, money and property away...........witness         kathy schweitzer......your wife was caught having sex with my bosses at blount island in florida and there are police reports then she came back to murder my kids and my grand kids..............I want my house home car kids and grandkids right back where they belong..............