• Report: #171940

Gateway Computer & Emachines
Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gateway Computer & Emachines Inferior product RIPOFF Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: I thought that Emachine's were made by IBM.

June 11 2005, i purchased a gateway notebook from best buy. Both companies best buy and gateway do not stand behind the products they sell.

The laptop i purchased is my third laptop since 1996. By far this is the worst laptop i have ever owned. The plastic is deteriorating, the plastic on the keyboard, the plastic surrounding the keyboard. Already we needed to replace the motherboard. This computer is only 7 months old. None of this should happen. I contacted gateway and they kept me on hold for over an hour to wait for a supervisor, when the person got on the phone i was dissconnected. I called back and had to wait another hour on hold. I told them my issues, they told me they would fix it but when i got the computer back they did nothing. They wanted to charge me 120 dollars for a new keyboard. I said, no. They did not even replace the plastics like they said they would. This is not normal. Computers i own that are 6 years old are in better condition then this computer. I spoke with so many people at gateway and they all tell me i am wrong. I am the customer. I am not wrong. They do not even give you program software. Such junk, such fraud. Gateway computers are junk. Gateway is Junk. Gateway does not care about their customers. DO NOT BUY A GATEWAY COMPUTER. Emachines is also gateway. Do not buy emachines or gateway. JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!

Jon
none, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2006 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computer-Emachines/Irvine-California-92618/Gateway-Computer-Emachines-Inferior-product-RIPOFF-Irvine-California-171940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computer & Emachines

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

They were when my mother purchased my son's 2 years ago. And it still works fine. Now if Gateway is IBM then fine, but I'm pretty sure that they are not.

And considering that it was bought for my son's 6th birthday (and you know how kids can be on computers) this eMachine is holding up just fine.