Complaint Review: Gateway Computer

• Reported By:Randolph Nebraska
Gateway Computer
www.Gateway.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Gateway Computer ripoff Nationwide

I ordered a laptop computer model number M350WVN from Gateway last May. The first week I had the computer I have had many problems with the computer crashing. I called them and they did some quick tweaks. They kept tweaking my computer until the warrenty was expired. I sent it into Texas last year and when it came back I was electricuted twice so I took it to a local tech.

Last week I was shocked again and the motherboard caught on fire. I called Gateway and they told me there was nothing they could do because it was out of warrenty. Even though I had problems within the first seven days of recieving my laptop.

I also bought 2 new batteries because the computer would not charge my batteries because of a short. I have had numerous problems with a laptop that is only a year and a half old. They wanted to charge me $600 for a new motherboard that only cost them $400.

Jo
Randolph, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2005 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computer/nationwide/Gateway-Computer-ripoff-Nationwide-161086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computer