Complaint Review: Gateway Computers Tech Support and Customer Service

• Updated: Sun, June 09, 2002

• Reported By:Baton Rouge la
Gateway Computers Tech Support and Customer Service
Nationwide Internet U.S.A.

Gateway Computers Tech Support and Customer Service Totally incompetent tech support. Deceptive company dirty ripoff dogs the business that doesn't give a damn Internet

I have a gateway destination whose drivers have no support for openGL, so I downloaded a supposed updated driver for the all in wonder pro video card from gateway's site. Next thing you know my computer won't boot. I bought the system used and unfortunately did not receive the gateway software CD that originally came with the system in 1999. Customer service couldn't do any better so tried to sell me a warranty!

So, after going online several times with gateway tech support I was getting nowhere fast. They knew nothing about the system and would not listen to the problems I was reporting, very evident by their responses. They just kept telling me that I had the right driver and that it should work.

One tech flunkie told me I needed to format the hard drive...this after I told him I did not have the gateway software CD!!~!After restoring the system myself to a somewhat operable state, I inquired about purchasing the gateway software designed for this particular system. They told me this software was no longer available, but they would be happy to sell me a warranty!

I asked what good a warranty would do me if I could not even restore the system and evidently neither could they. This same person had just so sorrily informed me that the software was no longer available!!! Are these guys just trying to scam me into buying into their seedy business practices that I am always reading about? Don't let this company get you into their grips, or it may cost you a fortune. I've read a lot of bad stuff about their financing and supposed trade in policy. Don't fall for it!!!

chris
baton rouge, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2002 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers-Tech-Support-and-Customer-Service/internet/Gateway-Computers-Tech-Support-and-Customer-Service-Totally-incompetent-tech-support-Dec-22392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers Tech Support and Customer Service