Complaint Review: Gateway Computers

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Crestline California
Gateway Computers
7565 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gateway Computers Terrible Customer Service Irvine California

I bought a Gateway laptop computer in April of 2008. Two weeks later it would not shut down without simply holding down the power button. Customer service could not figure it out and had me restore my system four times before they finally told me to send it in. They kept my computer for 2 1/2 months. Then, a week later I had to send it back because it would not shut down and it could not connect to the internet. Apparently, they had messed up the mother board on the first repair and had to now replace it. That took another 2 1/2 months. So, for the first 10 months I owned the computer, It was at gateway for 5 months. During that time, I had to call to check status numerous times. After I recieved it back the second time (scratched and dirty and very poorly wrapped for shipping), I was told my a level II service agent that Gateway would add 5 months to my warranty. Today I happened to notice (when I was trying to get service for the webcam that stopped working) that my warranty had not been adjusted. I contacted a level II support agent who notified me that the first agent should not have stated they would do that, because that is something they cannot do.
The product is bad, the service is worse, and their verbal agreements are worth the paper they are written on. Please be cautious before you purchase a product from this company.

Paul
Crestline, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers/Irvine-California-92618/Gateway-Computers-Terrible-Customer-Service-Irvine-California-474638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers