Complaint Review: Gateway Computers

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:griswold Connecticut
Gateway Computers
7565 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gateway Computers Won't honor warranty Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: Acer computer now owns Gateway

I got a gateway tablet computer through my school in June, which is now dead. I have found since that it was purchased through MPC Gateway (whatever that means) because MPC now handles the higher ed market. Since MPC has filed bancruptcy, I cannot get my computer fixed. Last time I called Gateway, I talked to someone who got very huffy when they found out it was an MPC warranty, and when I asked to talk to someone higher up, they refused. When I asked for the name of the person I was talking to, and their number (given at the beginning of the conversation, but I did not write it down then) they hung up.

It seems to me that Gateway should honor their warranties, even though they were "sold" to a company now in bancruptcy. It is a Gateway computer; should'nt Gateway fix it?

Robert54
griswold, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers/Irvine-California-92618/Gateway-Computers-Wont-honor-warranty-Irvine-California-410963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers