Complaint Review: Gateway Computers

• Updated: Fri, March 16, 2012

• Reported By: stormy6584 — United States of America
Gateway Computers

Gateway Computers Does not honor warranty wants you to pay Internet

*Author of original report: Thank you online support

Years ago we purchased Gateway computers and had numerous problems, we haven't purchased another until recently, it was the cheaper, BIG BIG MISTAKE. The Gateway supposedly has a year warranty; however, they do not honor that. I stopped being able to connect to the internet several days ago but all the other computers, iPhones, iPads in the house had no problem. So I called technical support, or India whatever you choose to call it, and I was informed that I would have to pay for technical support even though I was under warranty. BS, my computer is under warranty and I have read that this is a typical Gateway maneuver to coerce money out of you. Do yourself a favor and buy something that has better customer service and is actually reliable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2012 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers/internet/Gateway-Computers-Does-not-honor-warranty-wants-you-to-pay-Internet-854571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers

AUTHOR: stormy6584 - (United States of America)

Thank you Gateway ONLINE support for recognizing the HARDWARE issue right off the bat and correcting my connectivity issue without robbing me of my hard earned money.