Complaint Review: Gateway Computers

• Reported By:Glade Spring VA
Gateway Computers
www.Gateway.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Gateway Computers ripoff Nationwide

I ordered a computer from Gateway off of the internet on August 14, 2002. The computer I ordered from them was a Gateway 500SE.

At the time I ordered this computer there was a $100 rebate on it and I also used the phone to make sure of all my order information. I was told at the time the rebate would come in the mail two weeks after my computer arrived.

I waited and waited on this refund and numerous calls to their number they gave me proved fruitless and was told it would be in the mail. Finally I called November 11, 2002 and was told that there never was a refund at that time on that model. DUH!! I told them that was one of the reasons I ordered from them was for the rebate and their reputation. I told the lady I talked to that I WILL NOT have another Gateway computer. The total cost of the computer with shipping was $1397.

I ordered this for my daughter to take to college and she has had nothing but trouble with it since its arrival. Re: getting on the internet, etc. That's all I have to say about the matter, but will never have another Gateway computer for this has been an awful experience. They will not even answer my emails to them.

Glade Spring, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2002 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers/nationwide/Gateway-Computers-ripoff-Nationwide-35052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers