Complaint Review: Gateway Computers

Gateway Computers
Nationwide U.S.A.

Gateway Customer Service

*Consumer Comment: I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

I bought several Pentium computers from Gateway (2000). They were being used by our training department, and were being shipped around the country a lot. One arrived back at the office with a large crack running through the bezel (faceplate). I called Gateway to order a replacement bezel. I asked the customer service person how much it would cost me. They told me $2300. I explained that I did not need an entire computer, that just the bezel was damaged and I needed a replacement. They said yes, we understand, it will be $2300 for a new bezel, and by the way, there will be a new computer attached to the bezel when it arrives. I asked for a supervisor, and received the very same treatment. They would not move from their position. I threw the computer in the garbage, and switched to Dell.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Computers/nationwide/Gateway-Customer-Service-1490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Computers

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

AUTHOR: Patricia Ann - (USA)

I know what you mean. The customer service is something to be desired. I have bought 2 gateway computers through hsn....one for my daughter and then one for a friend. I called on the one my daughter has and it is just barely out of warranty.
I called on my friends computer that I purchased because I couldn't use the tuner. I called Gateway and they told me that was not part of the warranty issues and it would cost me 59 dollars for 30 minutes worth of phone help. I could put that on my card. I told them to forget that idea, I would keep at it and figure it out.....

Customer service??????? What is that to Gateway...I hope this will help ward other people off from purchasing a Gateway computer.