Complaint Review: Gateway Energy Services

• Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: Marvin — Barnegat New Jersey United States of America
Gateway Energy Services
400 Rella Blvd., Suite 300 Montebello, New York United States of America

Gateway Energy Services Steve Maslak, I tried to cancel after realizing that they were much higher than utility company, and it took more than two months for them to do it. Montebello, New York

This is a letter I wrote the CEO of the company in June.  I have not heard from him, even with a prodding from a local legislator in their county.

Last year 1 asked you to be the supplier of Energy Services and I
was never informed of the amount of time it would take to revert back to my utility companies when I called to cancel "at any time" .

When I realized that your rates were higher than my home utility companies, (NJ Natural Gas and JCP&L) sometime at the beginning of December 2011, I asked that the service be cancelled. That was on December 6, 2011. (I now know that had I cancelled on November 30th, 1 would not have this problem for January and February 2012).

However I kept getting charged for the balance of December, and the months of January and February 2012 at the Gateway rates. 1 was told that since 1 was not signing up for a 6 or 12 month contract, 1 could cancel at anytime and 1 was NEVER told that it would take 2 -3 billing cycles to complete the cancellation.

As a retired senior citizen from Rockland County living on a fixed income, 1 feel that you
should rebate the amount for this time period (January and February of2012) as
a good will gesture. 1 will leave it up to you to decide what is a fair rebate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Energy-Services/Montebello-New-York-10901/Gateway-Energy-Services-Steve-Maslak-I-tried-to-cancel-after-realizing-that-they-were-mu-935256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Energy Services