Complaint Review: Gateway Financial Services Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2007

• Reported By:Havre de Grace Maryland
Gateway Financial Services Inc.
2104 Rainbow Blvd. Jasper, British Columbia Canada

Gateway Financial Services Inc. scammer Jasper British Columbia

My husband received the same letter as Bigbob from Severn, Maryland, except that the drawing was April 19th, 2007, for the amount of $280,000.00.

We also received a check for $3800.00 for a tax clearance fee.
Our tax agent was David Moses, 329-6236 Main St., Mission, BC Canada.

When we tried to call the number, it was busy.

I wanted to believe it was true, because it came at a most desparate time, but I was skeptical, so I said to my husband, let's call the company on the check, which is Reeves Import Motor Cars Inc. in Tampa, Florida. Right away, they told us it was a scam, and that the bank (Bank of America) was already notified, and would not cash it (I was surely not going to cash it at my bank).

Then I called information in Canada, and they said Jasper is in Alberta, not the BC.

Are they just targeting Marylanders?

Denise
Havre de Grace, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2007 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Financial-Services-Inc/Jasper-British-Columbia/Gateway-Financial-Services-Inc-scammer-Jasper-British-Columbia-284670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Financial Services Inc.