Complaint Review: Gateway Financial

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: Janee — Clio Michigan United States of America
Gateway Financial

Gateway Financial They will try and get you in the door with no credit or no money down, but be advised it's a scam, you'll get a car but it will be a lemon!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: You should also get a 2nd opinion

I purchessed a vehichel through Rightway Auto and Gateway Financial, about a year ago. This isn't the first car I have gotten from them, however this is the first time I've ever had any problems, and knowbody wants to help me. Around 2 months ago my car started having some problems, so I took it to a machanic to find out what was wrong. Little did I know a lot more than I thought was wrong with my car. I was under the impression that i just needed a tune-up, but oh no it couldn't have been that easy. I need a new brakes, a new muffler, a tune-up, new wheel bearings, new struts, and a new transmission. Maybe I wouldn't be so upset but I've only had this car for a year, and when I started having problems with it, I had only owned it for 10 months. 10 months and I'm already having problems like this, unbelieveable. So this vechiel that alread cost more than it should have with them charging me for more than this car is worth and a very large intrest rate, I have to put thousands of dollars into it just to get it running again. Rightways stated it gives every vechiel that leaves its lot a 70 point inspection, but i believe they forgot to due this on my car. So I call Gateway and see if there is anything they can do to help me fix my car, so I don't lose my job, and all they can tell me is that they will hold a car payment that I can make-up in two week. And they think that will really help me out? So now once again I'm stuck with no vechiel, no way to work, no way to get my 2 children around, and no means of transportation to anywhere. I will never recomend anyone to Rightway or Gateway, and they will never recieve my business again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Financial/internet/Gateway-Financial-They-will-try-and-get-you-in-the-door-with-no-credit-or-no-money-down-576051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway Financial

You should also get a 2nd opinion

AUTHOR: Violet - (USA)

It would be worth the time and money to get another mechanic's shop to look at your car.  It may need all that work but it kind of sounds fishy for some reason as well.  In any event, before you throw in the towel on working etc., you should have a totally separate mechanic verify the problems.

You should also have a mechanic check out any car before you buy it.  This may sound unreasonable in our cheap, instant gratification is all that matters, world, but it could've spared you this situation possibly, and more.