Complaint Review: Gateway - Hurley State Bank

• Submitted: Mon, December 11, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 11, 2006

• Reported By:Milton Freewater Oregon
Gateway - Hurley State Bank
101 Gateway Drive / 214 North Derby Lane North Sioux City, South Dakota U.S.A.

Gateway And Hurley State Bank Continued trying to collect on an account that was forgiven in a 2002 Bankruptcy, showing it in a serious past due status on my credit report then sent the same account to collections October 2006! ripoff North Sioux City South Dakota

In October 2002 I included this charge account amongst the various items in my bankruptcy - a situation I was forced into because of an emergency medical procedure. The bankruptcy was granted with a discharge of all debts against a "no asset" estate effect March 2003.

November 2004 I discovered that this account was being reported on my credit report as charged off but with late charges still accruing. Using the service of the major credit reporting agencies, I filed a request to have the information corrected. The only thing that that resulted in was having a flag of "Account in Dispute" posted on the account.

In November 2006 I had a new credit report pulled which showed that this account was sent to collections October 2006. The fact that this was forgiven in a bankruptcy prohibits the creditor from taking further collection action against me.

Just recently I filed a complaint with the ethics complaint line at Gateway.com informing them that this is now a violation of ethics actions and can be punishable by a court of law as stated in the bankruptcy documentation. I received a phone call from a person stating to be a representative of Gateway saying that I have to make contact with Hurley State Bank. I've been trying to deal with these folks for the past two years to no avail - what good will it do now?

Catherine
Milton Freewater, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2006 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gateway-Hurley-State-Bank/North-Sioux-City-South-Dakota-57049/Gateway-And-Hurley-State-Bank-Continued-trying-to-collect-on-an-account-that-was-forgiven-224872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gateway - Hurley State Bank